Somebody please help me select lift parts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since OME no longer makes the 132L shock for the rear I am considering buying bilsteins instead. I am having a heck of a time figuring out everything I need to buy.
I wasted tons of time reading about OME lifts in prior posts and decided to buy that one...only to find out the kits they now sell come with rear hocks that could top out due to being too short. :Insane: So somebody please help me keep it simple...I just want to know which shocks, springs and whatever else is needed to give my KJ a modest lift that lasts and rides well.

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only two kits they offer are OME and Tommudd's. I only have around a grand for the parts so Tommudd's is out of my range and the OME kit comes with the standard size rear shock now. If I understand correctly the rear shock the kit comes with poses the risk of topping out....

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found what I need!
" FRONT-
-OME front nitrocharger sport struts (#90009)
-OME 2927 front coil springs

REAR-
-Bilstein heavy duty 2.5" lift rear shocks
-Bilstein bushing kit
-OME 2948 rear springs"

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/verify-my-2-5-lift-kit-60614/

If anyone cares this information could be updated into the OME FAQ and it would be very helpful!

I'm going to order off of jeepinbyal since everyone on here seems to prefer them.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No longer making them but still a few around in stock at various distributors

I called ARB USA back then and they said they were NOT discontinued. They weren't making them in the quantities they used to, but they were still producing them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I called ARB USA back then and they said they were NOT discontinued. They weren't making them in the quantities they used to, but they were still producing them.

Guess some little differences in the main ARB in Australia and here then.
Maybe after all the outcry they decided to start again, find it funny though
ARB Aus no longer lists them or didn't a few weeks ago
ARB USA still does , but maybe never changed

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there certainly could have been changes since I spoke with them last September. A lot can happen in 6 months in the business world.