some weird heat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dee696

Reaction score
hi guy!!!

first post here,im new in jeep kj forum and i've got a good one for you:

i have a 2002 liberty that don't shot heat...let me explain it...

when i turn the heat on,at any speed of fan,it get barely hot...so i went looking for the blend door...and did't find the right picture of it for this model...but i found a guy that did a hole on the hvac box,and fix it by there...when i did my hole,first,i didn't saw any blend door,and when i started the engine,the air from insight was hot....WTF???hot in the box,but cold at the normal trap....did i just ma de my hole before those door?cause when i turn from heat to cold,the air insight it got what i ask...so i suppose those door are ok....so where the problem???i just can figure it out...

i know it a 1000$ job at dealer,so i just want to be able to set those door when it need...

or maybe it something else...some vacum or switch?but switch seems to be ok...

dee696

Reaction score
ouin,mais ca me tue de tout defaire ca...pour l'instant,avec le trou que j'ai percé,j'ai du chauffage qui sors de la,mais rouler sans coffre a gant est un peu ordinaire...va falloir remedier a ca un jour.... :(

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you are probably more fluent in french but keep it in english so everyone can understand ;)
Yeah that's a big problem where the blend door was put and how to access it. But a good mechanic ( if mechanic in montreal are better than public road worker, haha )could do it for way less than 1000$ And don't forget to change both door set because they are cheap as hell. At least it's summer now ( or kind of ) and you wont need a lot of heat until about 3 months.
If you can do it by yourself with a friend then it wont be much more than 150$ of part and a few beer of labour.

dee696

Reaction score
oh...sorry,i forgot...i will take a chance by doing it my self with a friend...but i will try to repair it without removing it from the car...i will take some picture or video of it for the how to section :)

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think you have to take the whole assembly out to swap the blend door but someone will have to confirm this. Anyway, once the dash cover is out, if you really have to take the assembly out it's not really long.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is 2 other blend door, smaller one. in the middle of the assembly that direct air to both side driver and passenger vent. These 2 smaller actuator could be bad. I have no idea if there is a second blower I don't know but I don't think so since I can only remember 1 blower resistor. Is the air flow coming from the top vent the same it was before the heat issue or it's only a little wind?

dee696

Reaction score
it shot a lot of air from the windshield vent...colder than the other vent...

omg,that suck so much...

dee696

Reaction score
the air flow is very good...at cold,it blow a lot of freeze air,and at hot,it blow a lot of cold/little warm air...

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would make sense that the blend door are to block the heat and not the airflow. So the the blower door open to let heat and airflow go in and the second set of blend door are still close letting only airflow in. Pass this point, I don't know the heating system well enough to have anymore idea.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Pierce hole everywhere before finding the issue is a bad idea since they could cause you problem once the issue is found. And, for now, you wont need a lot of heat.

dee696

Reaction score
i know,it's not the best to drill hole everywhere,but when it's cold,like 10 celcius,it's ok for me,but my baby girl will surely fing it cold,since heat dosent shot to her...

dee696

Reaction score
it was the dmn heater core...76$ at part garage...and 11h of hand riping for removing that dash...and it is harder to put it back...never in the right position...note that i didnt remove de steering,but a/c has to be disconnected to free the hvac box...

so the case is close!!!!!!