So, what do you do when your travel vehicle dies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
A night visit to the animal ER with the pup. Dehydration/diarrhea and a low grade fever. Still perky and squirmy, but not right.

You must be registered for see images attach

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor pup, hopefully they're all right after some rest, fluids, and whatever else is needed!

sleazy rider

Reaction score
We went in to the closest Animal ER last night about 11 and did the treatment paperwork, they required $150 up front to be seen. Took my pup into the back to do “vitals”. 30 minutes go by, nothing. Finally the tech calls me into the “consult room” and shoves a clipboard with tests they want to run and a listing of the prices. I asked for an explanation of the tests and she seems dumbfounded. Handed her the clipboard back and said until someone explains what and why, don’t touch my dog.

She turns on her heel and leaves without a howdy do. I sat down for another 30 minutes then got loud. Got my dog back, walked out the door without a word and came home.

Rocky’s got a persistent case of diarrhea for four days now. He’s strong and alert because I stopped the food for 36 hours and pushed a 50/50 mix of Pedialyte and water by eyedropper. His kidneys are working fine and the runs have finally abated.

We’ll be going to a local vet first thing in the morning for hopefully competent care.

Got a text from the receptionist that they refunded my $150 just after midnight. They actually did cuz it showed on my account this morning.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Well, the good news is whatever I’m doing is working. Lots of electrolytes water and two mini meals kept down and in.

He’s getting scrubbed in a wee bit here. WHEW! He’s ripe! lol

Reactions: JRB

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Also on the good news front, mu headlight rings apparently had an issue crossing the mighty dry Mississippi. They finally got across and landed in the Houston PO yesterday! Should have them sometime this Monday afternoon.

Reactions: JRB

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Wuff. Between my relief about Rocky, two booster shots and a low grade fever from them, I finally crashed hard last night. Went to bed about 7:30 shivering and sweating, woke this morning at 7:40 feeling much better. That length of sleep is a long lost memory of youth. :D

Rocky has a vet appointment this afternoon with a reputable doctor. Since he was, umm, odiferous from being sick, he got a bath this morning and is his old perky self. Thankfully.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Ooops, forgot to update this. Puppers was fine at the vet. Minor ear infection - again -. He’s well back to normal and obnoxious. lol

Doing his cat impersonation.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Been a rough November. Twice ran myself to ER for serious fire ant bite reactions. Now I’m just getting over a COVID bout. Stuff’s gotta stop, we’re headed for Maui in just over a week for sun and sand. And a couple rounds of golf. :)

Drove the JK for the first time in just over a week today to get to the drug store. Picking up spouse at airport this evening and figured with my luck, I’d better check. lol. Good news? Tank’s still full two weeks after the last gas stop.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Hahahaha! I got "ducked" in the JK a couple days ago. Was in picking up the pup from grooming and came out to find it on my door handle. It's now proudly mounted on the dash.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Long delayed update.

Tires are being replaced and upgraded Friday. Arturo Trail Blade XT 35s all around and spare. Replacing 3 different brands with two being severely old and hard.

Roof panel bag ordered and used.

Ordered and installed rear compartment roll bar bags that make sense. Dead area, why not put it to use? Having good thoughts about getting back to the tent camping gig in Michigan. Still have all the gear! These will hold all the smalls that get added to make camp comfy.

Got some true LED headlights that actually fit! They went in yesterday and will get tested and aimed tonight.

Ordered a spare tire cover to save the spare UV damage.

Actually put 5k miles on it since purchase! First oil change completed and if that’s now the going rate, I’ll be back doing my own again. $100? Nope. Used to make financial sense just to do the drive thru stuff.

Added another duck to the dash display last week. lol

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Well, we're headed back north to home in three weeks. Started looking at travel options around Michigan for mid-week golf fun. Hotels and AirBnB have jumped the shark. Solution? Set the Jeep up for adventurer travel. All that camping gear that is collecting dust in the garage cabinets is getting pulled out, cleaned up, checked over and put back to use. State park campgrounds are $20 a night - a good value. Granted, last year they were $13 for residents.

I have several tents, sleeping bags, camp chairs, a portable solar panel suitcase and 12v fridge. We can survive just fine in the middle of nowhere.

Rocky's getting a short seatbelt leash for the golf carts. lol. He can watch deer, turtles and other critters.

It's not van life, it's better.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Great googly moogly! What a change in ride quality. Speedo’s now spot on compared to GPS. Looks awesome too. lol Fender wells are full.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
:p

So, I took the takeoffs home because they still had nearly 90% tread. Listed them on FB Marketplace for $500 to a good home. Loading them up in another Jeeper’s JK shortly.

Now, what should I get for the JK with the proceeds. *grin*

sleazy rider

Reaction score
When I get back to home, gonna check gear ratios. Still perky on takeoff and passing, makes me suspect there’s been mods done internally to the Danas. Be good to get the covers off and put fresh fluids in too. I know the rear’s a Trak Loc from the build sheet.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Hadda go buy a tire pressure gage this morning because my GAF kicked in. Tires were all over the chart from 36-42 psi. All are now set at 32 until I receive the OBD reprogrammer to set the TPMS settings. Final pressure should be in the 28 psi range because size and load. Need to grab some kid's chalk to check contact patch for sure.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
/headbangingwall smiley

Rummaging in the top box that came south with me, I found my good pressure gage. Totally forgot I packed it.

In other news, I reinstalled the light bars and aimed all the lighting on the front of the Wrangler. Ignore the artifact under the bumper. The roof bar causes it.

Also made three trips with household goods to the storage unit. 7 days to departure for Michigan home. Down to the necessities in the apartment. Youngest son is coming next Monday with a trailer for the couches and tables for his place. We're going with two nice recliners at wherever we land next fall.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Plotting my second week back home.

Time to get the Wrangler updated on maintenance. Getting the list of fluids, filters, plugs, coils, etc together. It’s going to the dealer for a proper trans flush & filters. Gotta do more research on coolant system.

sleazy rider

Reaction score

Story for the week. Three days road trip home. Today and tomorrow are more meandering than speed run. Yesterday was 575 miles of pure agony.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
Sleeping for real in Cloverdale, IN! ~425 miles, half out of sight of interstates. Time to slow down and smell the coffee. We got off of I-57 and onto US-50 for the trek across Illinois and part of Indiana. Gas mileage went from 10.5 to near 14!

After last night’s 3 hour torturefest of sleep, I got out of the Jeep and onto the bed for a nap. 7 hours later, here I am. lol