So modifications are currently on hold...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the oh-so-lovely

You must be registered for see images

I was in today >.< Hit a guardrail after trying to turn onto a side road so I wouldn't have an idiot in an F-350 pulling a snowmobile trailer on my ass all the way to Clifton Park like he was trying to do. So much for my new grille =[

02KJAuto>Man

Reaction score
I figure I might post now as well. Get this, going to the same place, I HIT an F-350, both damaged, both within 5 minuets of each other. She had just hit when I did too.

You must be registered for see images

I got more damage obviously, but honestly, I just glad we're both OK right now. :/ Talk about freaky.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad everyone is ok. That is real freaky though.

It is a bummer, but the jeeps can be fixed.

Dave

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt look like either are badly damaged. Red one will cost $$ since that hood got involved.

Gotta take it easy in that snow when turning. We had some snow around here and people would still ride my rear. Wanting a RL rear bumper, I kindly stopped as fast as possible at red lights or when turning when people were following to close. Almost got a ford truck once but he slid past me as I turned off. :)

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we've discovered several other freaky things about the accidents today, but yeah. I haven't gotten the estimate for mine yet (will do tomorrow), but we've already talked to my insurance company, and my mechanic has already checked it out. I was on my way to drop it off for routine brake maintenance when this happened, so it kind of worked out well. Anyway, it's driving and is fine, just needs a new front--lol. And thank God for bungie cords icon996.gif

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Glad to hear you are ok!
Jeeps can be repaired, people are more difficult to "fix"
Just don't tell your insurance company that you were taking your jeep in for routine brake maintenance.
You know how insurance companies are, they will use what ever they can against you to weasel their way out of paying for something!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gotta take it easy in that snow when turning. We had some snow around here and people would still ride my rear. Wanting a RL rear bumper, I kindly stopped as fast as possible at red lights or when turning when people were following to close. Almost got a ford truck once but he slid past me as I turned off. :)

I'm also trying to get my tailgate painted on my Durango...no takers on it. I bet by hurricane season I'll get a taker. Somebody will see the HEMI badge upclose. Luckily, no scratches on the rear of the KJ yet.:D

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol--Well there's nothing wrong with the brakes anyway so they don't need to weasel their way out of paying for them--one bit of good news that came out of the mechanic's shop xD

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh. So I just got the estimate for the damage: $3,300+. Thankfully I have that $500 deductible, but still, it makes me sad. Not to mention it's all to replace freaking plastic >.<

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ugh. So I just got the estimate for the damage: $3,300+. Thankfully I have that $500 deductible, but still, it makes me sad. Not to mention it's all to replace freaking plastic >.<

While the body shop is repairing your KJ, have them put in that grill you want!
It's not like it's going to cost you extra at this point.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all the stock parts come in black, so I'm getting a black grille anyway--he's just gotta remember not to paint it. Plus he said he'll take my nice metal trail rated badge off so I don't have to have an icky new plastic one in its place =D I still have to talk to him to see if I can buy the parts and send them to him, to see if I can't save a little money on it. But anyway, we'll see what happens, I guess. In the meantime, it's drive-able, so I'm not out a vehicle =]

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ good......I'm glad it is going to turn out ok for you.

Dave

02KJAuto>Man

Reaction score
watch out! There is an F350 KJ killer out there! :eek:

There most certainly is. :) Anyway, Mine is going to be $4,500 to $5,000 to fix, and should be back by Friday. I am SO posting the picture of both of ours repaired and back in working order.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm officially going crazy waiting for mine. I think the fact that I ACTUALLY managed to trip on the weather stripping that is dangling from the door of my parents' Outback was the last straw. I NEED a vehicle that I can actually NOT be laying down to drive insad2.gif

snowsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm officially going crazy waiting for mine. I think the fact that I ACTUALLY managed to trip on the weather stripping that is dangling from the door of my parents' Outback was the last straw. I NEED a vehicle that I can actually NOT be laying down to drive insad2.gif

That's funny! The other day a friend came to pick me up, and her car was SOOOOO low down it was ridiculous.....and it was a Buick 4-door something or other. I rarely find myself getting into other vehicles, so it's weird to get into a non-lifted vehicle. :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's funny! The other day a friend came to pick me up, and her car was SOOOOO low down it was ridiculous.....and it was a Buick 4-door something or other. I rarely find myself getting into other vehicles, so it's weird to get into a non-lifted vehicle. :D

I can't remember the last time I've been in a car, no less drove one!!! I would imagine it would be awkward.