So I'm going to hit 10k either this or next week...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Blake, done deal when that KK comes out.

Then again, as I've previously said... that Patriot looks very very good.

Or I may end up with another '04. Who knows what I will do.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you dont like the crd? I would keep that thing as long as I could if I had it. I believe that libby was the last of a really good Jeep. Even if they put a diesel in the next libby, they look like crap(IMHO). O:)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
So you dont like the Liberty? I would keep that thing as long as I could if I had it. I believe that libby was the last of a really good Jeep. Even if they put a diesel in the next libby, they look like crap(IMHO). O:)
Blah. I think the KK will grow on a LOT of people once seen in person because these spy shots don't do any justice... especially to the select few who HAVE seen this thing uncovered or in person..... like me. lol3.gif

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
They may put the new 4.0 in the kk. Which would be crazy awesome. \:D/
The 4.0L is a blah engine. Just a stop gap until the new Phoenix engines come. I kinda wanna wait for those because they're supposed to be really high tech.

Then again there are rumors of Chrysler splitting from MB, so who knows what's going to happen with that.

dalefranzen

Reaction score
2006 KJ CRD.....

Man,

I don't know about you, but I LOVE my CRD. We just took a trip to Whitefish Montana from Spokane Washingtion (250 miles of all mountain driving). I had this thing loaded to to the gills: 4 sets of skis, all the gear that goes with that 4 set of skis, 2 adults and 2 kids-PLUS all the luggage we could stuff in the Jeep for 4 days and it only took us a half a tank of fuel to get there. (Thats over 23 miles to the gal.)
Can you say WOO HOO?
My old 04 3.7 libby would have had to stop and get gas at least once ;-)
I just turned over 6000 miles and this thing ROCKS!
Apparently I came into this thinking that the diesel would be louder but was definitely wrong.... nothing a little AC/DC won't cure.

Just my 2 cents.

Dale

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: 2006 KJ CRD.....

dalefranzen said:
Man,

I don't know about you, but I LOVE my CRD. We just took a trip to Whitefish Montana from Spokane Washingtion (250 miles of all mountain driving). I had this thing loaded to to the gills: 4 sets of skis, all the gear that goes with that 4 set of skis, 2 adults and 2 kids-PLUS all the luggage we could stuff in the Jeep for 4 days and it only took us a half a tank of fuel to get there. (Thats over 23 miles to the gal.)
Can you say WOO HOO?
My old 04 3.7 libby would have had to stop and get gas at least once ;-)
I just turned over 6000 miles and this thing ROCKS!
Apparently I came into this thinking that the diesel would be louder but was definitely wrong.... nothing a little AC/DC won't cure.

Just my 2 cents.

Dale
I like it too, the issue is I have a screwed up transmission, and I do like times where I just drive around and not listen to much of anything... a gas engine allows me to do that, as I can barely hear it.

But that's not the big issue. There are sometimes where I like hearing the engine and turbocharger, like today! That was cool... but then a PowerSuck came up next to me drowning everything out including the little music I was playing. I was not pleased.

I do like the fuel economy factor... I can't believe how long a tank lasts me with this thing!

dalefranzen

Reaction score
Bad Transmission....

Is this something I have to look forward to? So far I have been very pleased with this Jeep. The only thing I did have happen (Which I did see a post on) is at about 500 miles I am driving down the road, the engine started to run bad..complete loss of power(No check engine light). I pulled over to a parking lot and turned off the jeep. I tried to restart with no success. I am getting very upset at this point (Actually I was screaming some very colorful adjectives!!). I sat there for about 5 minutes and restarted the Jeep. All was well.
Took it to the Jeep dealer and they could find nothing wrong. Have not had a problem since.
I too love the milage.

Take care.

Dale

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Advice or tips that make sense?

Keep your head down...........

Congrats, and may the remainder of your miles be safe too.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to say it but you should change your picture so everyone can see what you look like with your eyes open......and don't drive like that.

Dave

J

Reaction score
Just broke 20k miles and have had no isses with the CRD. I love the power it puts out and the milage is great. Getting about 25 mpg driving 75 - 80 mph on the highway back and forth to work.

Now if the dealership could get my window to stay rolling up correctly with out me having to guide it I would be very happy. They have "fixed" my window 3 times now and are "researching" a better way to fix it this time.