Snow around Tucson, AZ!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we don't get winter weather too frequently down here. But today we had a chance to try out the KJ in some icy/snow covered roads. On the way up to our destination some goofball in a brand new chevy truck slide off the road and missed a huge rock by only inches. #-o The jeep had no troubles!

You must be registered for see images

This last one is just for fun...it's so dry down here most of the time i think they always just leave the fire danger signs on high/extreme.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow in Tucson?! Was that today? We had rain on and off all day here in Phoenix.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I havent seen snow in going on three years now.

damn global warming....TOOK AWAY MY SNOW!!!

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Snow in Tucson?! Was that today? We had rain on and off all day here in Phoenix.

This was from today (thursday morning). Didn't really get snow *IN* tucson - snow level was only about 500 feet higher than tucson though. The foothills around town all got dusted with snow. These pictures are from madera canyon, around 5,600 foot elevation.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting how much snow SE Arizona can get - I was once in near-whiteout conditions driving on I-10 from Tucson towards the NM state line. Just slowed down and watched what everyone else was doing so I wouldn't get in trouble and made it thru (and that was with my 2WD Dakota).

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Nice pictures... and that fire sign is funny! Is it ever not high?!

Yeah, sometimes it's "Extreme". Thats when fires get started from people dragging chains across the pavement. I'm glad you showed me those pics indieaz. I was gonna wash vehicles tomorrow, but now I'm considering a road trip up north to see how much snow they got.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's usually frigid here by this time, and we're still seeing 50+ degree days...I wish it would snow, I love driving in it, but we've only see a dusting at the lower altitudes...most I've seen this year is probably about 4-5 inches up higher.