Small rust spots on the paint??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See that's exactly why i love this site and your guys help, i had this same problem and had no idea what it was. all i knew was with a LOT of elbow greese and nu finish i was able to get it out. But again it wasn't till i read this post that i even knew what it was. THANK!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
See that's exactly why i love this site and your guys help, i had this same problem and had no idea what it was. all i knew was with a LOT of elbow greese and nu finish i was able to get it out. But again it wasn't till i read this post that i even knew what it was. THANK!

You're a good one. I don't think I would have even bothered. Then again something like that I likely wouldn't have noticed.

Had a silver KJ in the past, no rail dust on it at all. So that might have been why.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're a good one. I don't think I would have even bothered. Then again something like that I likely wouldn't have noticed.

Had a silver KJ in the past, no rail dust on it at all. So that might have been why.

yea well with a KHAKI colored Libby, they tend to show up, not really to anyone looking at the vehicle, but when your face to jeep while waxing it, you do notice it, i think since i bought it in September i've noticed two of these spots, but now after this hard winter, ill really have to break out the magnifying glass and get down there and detail. I love detailing, might even give TBJ and Hoosier ( i think those are the two clean freaks on this bored) a run for thier money, i use to do it for a living, but its just been way to cold and snowy to do it lately.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
TBJ a clean freak.....uhh no....
Me and JeepJeepster are... :D

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBJ a clean freak.....uhh no....
Me and JeepJeepster are... :D

ahh my bad, i was trying to remember who the two were, didnt mean to leave jeepster out lol. and trust me you need to add me to that list. I may not have been able to detail it like i want because of winter, but she still gets two laser washes a week, NONE of that old brush car wash, im not letting those bristles beat my Jeep or put swirls in it. And i drive around with about 150 bucks of cleaining supplies in the back, they stay there in case of dirt emergencies lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to club, always room for another Khaki neat freak. :D

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In winter it is a common problem. Its caused by metal flakes. From road plows,plowing the snow. Metal from the wear edge, grinds off on the road surface.Then with traffic these flakes float and then stick to a wet vehicle,and rust. This is not the only cause, just much worse in winter in snow belt areas.