Skim pin codes - 06 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did it do? It has selections for different years in the function menu.
Gives me ecu not supported.

tried all the can 1,2,3. Same result.

On the screen when i get that message, it shows no skreem, no liberty.

emailed the developer and he confirmed 08 +

Any other. Ideas?

i’ve got some trivial oem part to order, so maybe the parts dept can pull for me when i stop to order the other bits.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally sorted!

I found a colleague from years back when I worked for a medium truck garage. He works in a cjdr dealership a few miles down the road.

a 5 minute conversation, and I had my pin code.

got those spare keys programmed today!

Mopar87

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread, just want to chime in that you are able to get your vehicle pin from your respective dealer if you bring proof of ownership or valid registration and your ID or DL, they can not deny you the vehicle pin with valid documentation.

As far as the SKIM issue, I have been trying to access the BCMs special functions menu to enable the VTSS on my 05 KJ since you guys originally started this thread last June. It one day stopped working when i pulled the Headlamp and Dash Wire Harness that has the PDC attached to it. I have tried absolutely everything from swapping BCMs to replacing all of the KJs wire harnesses to premium harnesses from an 05 KJ Limited, mine is a Renegade but all of its wiring is that of a top of the line Limited with the exception of the instrument panel harness because of have the light bar. I thought at first i had a broken PCI wire SOMEWHERE in the Jeep so changed the wires and same issue. Swapping BCMs and Junction Blocks. Same issue. I noticed that in the 05 KJ FSM, the pinout for the SKREEM does not match at all, the factory wiring for the SKREEM connector. Like nothing at all is the same between the factory wiring illustration and the actual connector. I repinned my SKREEM connector to match the FSM diagram and used a SKREEM i got at the yard, amd upon opening the ignition switch the SKREEM began to smoke so that was a bust and the #33 DLC fuse in the Junction Block blew so that was a bust. Most recently I purchased a laptop from China that came with the Chrysler WiTech software interface and the DRBIII Emulator Software. I able to install and get the DRB3 emulator to work, but it doesn't not communicate with any other module other than the PCM since the PCM can use the SCI Bus to communicate. Ive used other scan tools to access the SKREEM using my vehicle PIN and it works. But some scan tools don't. None can access the BCM special functions. I have one final test I want to try, I have a PCM, BCM, SKREEM and the ignition lock cylinder with its key all from the same 05 Jeep at my local scrap yard. Im going to switch out my components with those and see if ANY of the scan tools will communicate and allow access to the BCM miscellaneous functions menu. If this does not work, I will be at a complete loss for explanations.

Anyway if anybody reads this, feel free to comment. Ill regardless post the results afterwards.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread, just want to chime in that you are able to get your vehicle pin from your respective dealer if you bring proof of ownership or valid registration and your ID or DL, they can not deny you the vehicle pin with valid documentation.

As far as the SKIM issue, I have been trying to access the BCMs special functions menu to enable the VTSS on my 05 KJ since you guys originally started this thread last June. It one day stopped working when i pulled the Headlamp and Dash Wire Harness that has the PDC attached to it. I have tried absolutely everything from swapping BCMs to replacing all of the KJs wire harnesses to premium harnesses from an 05 KJ Limited, mine is a Renegade but all of its wiring is that of a top of the line Limited with the exception of the instrument panel harness because of have the light bar. I thought at first i had a broken PCI wire SOMEWHERE in the Jeep so changed the wires and same issue. Swapping BCMs and Junction Blocks. Same issue. I noticed that in the 05 KJ FSM, the pinout for the SKREEM does not match at all, the factory wiring for the SKREEM connector. Like nothing at all is the same between the factory wiring illustration and the actual connector. I repinned my SKREEM connector to match the FSM diagram and used a SKREEM i got at the yard, amd upon opening the ignition switch the SKREEM began to smoke so that was a bust and the #33 DLC fuse in the Junction Block blew so that was a bust. Most recently I purchased a laptop from China that came with the Chrysler WiTech software interface and the DRBIII Emulator Software. I able to install and get the DRB3 emulator to work, but it doesn't not communicate with any other module other than the PCM since the PCM can use the SCI Bus to communicate. Ive used other scan tools to access the SKREEM using my vehicle PIN and it works. But some scan tools don't. None can access the BCM special functions. I have one final test I want to try, I have a PCM, BCM, SKREEM and the ignition lock cylinder with its key all from the same 05 Jeep at my local scrap yard. Im going to switch out my components with those and see if ANY of the scan tools will communicate and allow access to the BCM miscellaneous functions menu. If this does not work, I will be at a complete loss for explanations.

Anyway if anybody reads this, feel free to comment. Ill regardless post the results afterwards.

This should work...replacing all those components from the same 05 Jeep model!!

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m kind of lost here …

you had no trouble until you removed a harness from PDC (power distribution center) ?

i’d be looking harder at the PDC for a bad connection there.

as old as these are, brittle wiring / insulation seems to be fairly normal.

- or am i missing something ? Is PDC something else?

Mopar87

Reaction score
I’m kind of lost here …

you had no trouble until you removed a harness from PDC (power distribution center) ?

i’d be looking harder at the PDC for a bad connection there.

as old as these are, brittle wiring / insulation seems to be fairly normal.

- or am i missing something ? Is PDC something else?
I disconnected the fused B+ from the power distribution center and its as if it made the BCM and SKREEM fall out of synchronization interms of receiving the transmitter signal from the SKIM key, that or it turned off the VTSS from the BCM, or the SKREEM has shorted internally and has lost its WCM capabilities

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

<snip>
also reviving an old thread...
this is no longer the case.
every "dealership" I tried talking to said no in the most aggressive way possible, and I even had one threaten to call the cops, thinking I was trying to steal the vehicle, even though I had a stack of paperwork showing it to be mine, oh and I drove the damn thing there!