Skid plates!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am going to hook my 2003 KJ up with a ******, engine and transfer case skid plate. I am having a little trouble finding the correct ones. Can anyone help me out? Part numbers? Good places to buy? Jparts has them, but the years are kinda sparatic. Thanks folks!

Transporter

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a full set of plates and front tow hooks myself. I've poked around online, but after paying for shipping, it doesn't seem to be much cheaper than getting the OEM plates from a dealership.

Are there better skid plates than the factory ones?

Reaction score
Transporter said:
I'm thinking about a full set of plates and front tow hooks myself. I've poked around online, but after paying for shipping, it doesn't seem to be much cheaper than getting the OEM plates from a dealership.

Hijacked!

Transporter

Reaction score
BLS WA Chapter SDMF said:
Transporter said:

Hijacked!

Ok, kinda sorta. The part about paying for shipping vs getting them from the dealer should count for something. As most shipping charges are based on the weight of what yer buying, buying metal plates through the mail may be cost prohibitive, IMHO.

Reaction score
Also, on Jparts.com it says that transfer case skid is for 04-07... so will that not fit my '03 either?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BLS WA Chapter SDMF said:
Excellent! So, where would I find a ****** skid to fit my '03? (Aeh)

The ****** skid will work for an 03 with just drilling an extra hold in the skid. You also might need to take a sledge and beat on one of the skid plate ribs a bit so it doesn't contact the exhaust. I just installed one an 02 the other day.

The t-case skid is the same. Just need to drill an extra hole or two in the skid plate.

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
The OEM ****** skid is a bit lame, IMO. Go take a look at All J's Super Skid. Of course, if you are not going to wheel much or try a hard trail.......just remember, an easy trail can cause damage when you least expect it.

http://www.boulderbars.com/kjproducts.htm

So in looking at this big Super-skid plate, is it meant to actually be an "all purpose" skid plate for covering the engine, ****** & transfer case?

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get the detailed measurements of that skid plate. I'm sure I could weld up my own as good. If I can't find the data I'll have to crawl under there in the spring and measure the mount points in the photo to those on the bottom of the jeep and go from there...