Skid plates for CRD ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope that some of you have the answer:

I try to buy in France the complet set of Skid-plates for my CRD 2005.
And I have got this answer:

- The mopar skid-plates are not strong enough for off road.
and
- there's only transfer case skid plate for the CRD ?

could you please told me if it is right or not ?

many thanks

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on the type of wheeling you do. They are good for mild hits, but if you land the weight of the libby on one, its over for the skid. :-({|=

TopDog

Reaction score
3 skidplates

Unless the French version is significantly different, the Liberty Off-Road Pkg includes 3 skid plates, 2 front tow hooks, and a rear tow hook unless you have the tow pkg. these are on my '06 CRD.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is true that the CRD is heavier, but to the extent that the skid plates are useless, no way. Any of us with mopar skids would be screwed if we dropped straight down onto a rock with one. But in 99% of the cases you are better off ruining a skid than taking the hit with any part of the suspenion or drivetrain.

Yes it is easier to damage the skid if the vehicle weighs more, but it is deffinetly good to have them anyway.

If you will be crawling over rocks any time soon you should get the mopar set. They are a great inexpensive medium protection set of skids.

If you intend to drive on some really ferocious trails than you may want to look into some aftermarket skids.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
many thanks for our help \:D/

I will ask another dealer now to have my skids
I don't want to pay for ASFIR skids plates for the moment 8-[