Skid plates for a 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a quick question! I need to get the Oil pan/front suspension, transmission, and fuel tank skid plates for my 2wd KJ. I also need to get front tow hooks and I plan on buying all mopar parts. My question is will the 2005-2007 transmission skid plate fit my 2wd kj with the 45RFE transmission with the bent crossmember or will it be too short since the 42RLE has the straight crossmember. I am not worried about drilling new holes and if I have to modify the skids I have no problem doing that. I saw some how to's on how to fit 05 skids on an 03 but I think the 03 had a 42rle. I just want to make sure all of the skids, especially the transmission skid will fit my 2003 2WD KJ before I order them. Also do the mopar kits include the nutzerts/bolts or do I need to order those too? Thanks for the help!

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with that transmission but i was able to put the trans skid off my 04 with a auto and make it work on the 03 with a 5 speed.(and it has the bent cross-member) It's the only one jeep makes for the kj so i bet it will work.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also do the mopar kits include the nutzerts/bolts or do I need to order those too? Thanks for the help!

Not sure about what skids will fit, so I can't help you there. Sorry.
But my Mopar skids came complete with nutzerks and bolts.

I'm having a hell of a time tracking down a engine skid as the 02-04 skids have been discontinued from MOPAR. May try to build my own, if I find or design something that works I'll be sure to post it on the forum

Members online

No members online now.