Skid Plates Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, but I searched all through here and on the net yesterday and I just got more confused.

What skid plate do I need for transfer case and transmission for a CRD? I see old numbers and new numbers and the possibility that only the new one will work with the CRD. Also that possibly the new number is a single skid to serve transmission and transfer case.

Thanks,

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of a single skid to cover the ****** and tcase?

There are 4 skids and they all 4 should work for all years of the kj. The tase skid is the only I believe changed. If you get them from jparts.com you will be fine.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeepster.

I did see in my search here that one person listed a post 2004 number and another a 2004 and earlier for the transmission. When I did a search somewhere else though with those numbers one came up as a transmission and the other came up as a transfer case plate. In the discussion though both were describing the transmission plate, that is why I came to the conclusion that perhaps they were now one. There also seemed to be a time when the 2004 and earlier was not available.

I will spend some more web time in Jeep parts and see if I can noodle it out.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jarvis said:
The Lost KJ's website has a (7-page?) on-going discussion about this. Check it out.

Thanks Jarvis. That is exactly the post and info I needed. Bonus is the front Reese hitch that I was wanting. =D> =D> =D>

Latest posts

Members online