Skid plate question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will 02-04 skids fit on an 05 KJ ? if so which ones fit and which ones don't.Thanks
The fuel tank skid will fit with no problems, and the engine and t-case skids should fit as well although you may not get all the bolt holes aligned. The only one I can see having a problem with would be the transmission skid since they changed the mounting locations, but a good drill and some longer bolts will fix that just fine.:D

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
not disagreeing with Corwynn but according to Jparts ( and i beleive Wyckoff) the difference is between 02 thru 07 and the new 08.. but i could very well be wrong.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not disagreeing with Corwynn but according to Jparts ( and i beleive Wyckoff) the difference is between 02 thru 07 and the new 08.. but i could very well be wrong.
I'm sure there are differences between the KJ and KK as far as skids go, although I *think* the engine skid will still work. I know the gas tank skid is different because they changed the location of the tank. The main differences between '02-04 and '05-07 are mounting hole locations, and there are a number of people who have just drilled thru frame members where the skid mounting holes are and used longer bolts to install them - this is a common fix for mounting the transmission skid. My t-case skid is for '05 and I only have three of the bolts in because I didn't feel like drilling.