Sirius Sportster mount question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccattie

Reaction score
Where do you guys mount your Sportster (or any sat unit XM or Sirius) at? I have mine just above the 2 vents in the center but the glare off the screen is horrible that its only readable at night or overcast days. Think tinted pass/driver side windows might help? It's driving me nuts.
-Chris

ccattie

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I have 2 questions.
1. does it interfere with the airbags in anyway if they were to deploy?
2. I have a profit mount in my wife's Vibe but it always get kicked by knees when people enter or exit the car (mounted in a similar spot) - do you run into that problem?
-c

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ccattie said:
Thanks for the post. I have 2 questions.
1. does it interfere with the airbags in anyway if they were to deploy?
2. I have a profit mount in my wife's Vibe but it always get kicked by knees when people enter or exit the car (mounted in a similar spot) - do you run into that problem?
-c
1. It sits low enough that it doesnt interfere with the air bag.
2. It is at a high enough position that people's knees never were an issue.

robotmonkey

Reaction score
Here's where I mounted my Starmate-R:

You must be registered for see images

I used the suction cup car mount to friction fit into the cubby below the HVAC controls. I imagine the Sportster could fit without impinges too much upon the HVAC controls. Try test fitting it in there and see how it looks.

For more pics and information on my Starmate-R install, browse on over to the HOW TO posted on this site:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2807

ccattie

Reaction score
All good info guys - this is a healthy thread baby! Thanks for that new one Phil. Unfortunately, my wife and I are both coffee drinkers so a cup holder mount probably wont fly for us but its a cool system. In my old car I had 4 holders in the front and only room for 3 so that woulda been perfect.
-c

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the suction cup and mounted it in the lower left corner of the windshield. I tucked it down as much as possible between the pillar and the gauge cluster to keep it out of the way. Then, I used the adjustment knobs to aim it towards me. I've noticed the glare off the screen of the sportster is just pretty bad, so adjsuting the brightness between day and night had been my best solution. The thing I was wondering was I thought they used to sell a film to reduce glare on computer monitors, so could that be put on?