Since there's no folder for obvious topics, I'll post here -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires suck!

I took these things offroad yesterday and I was trying to make it up over a little "bump" in the trail that was probably 10-12" high or so. I cozied up to it in first gear and 4lo and the thing just spun like crazy.

Granted I probably could've made it over if I'd had more speed, but I think it's ridiculous that the tires wouldn't bite well enough to get up over that.

What was DC thinking (and what are they still thinkin' 'cause they still use 'em) when they put these things on a 4x4 vehicle. Maybe for a Compass ( #-o ), but if they think these things are good enough for a real off-road vehicle, then they've got problems!

Ok, I'm done.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that CrapYear gave them a good deal on them since they wont sell. Have you ever looked at the ratings on Tirerack for those tires. [-X

The Wrangler HP's on my 17in rims sell for $130 a piece! Why would anyone in the right mind buy a tire like that for that price? I can get a Yokohama Tire thats 800,000time better for $110 a tire. 8-[

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree... I don't know why manufactures pick such cheap stock tires?! They all seem to. I guess it's because their cheap!