Silverstar Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, not much difference in the area of illumination - I imagine that is a function of the lamp housing/reflector and cover/lens. But it is the quality of the SS light that impressed me. I found it easier to read street signs and notice road hazard stuff (like tire bits) quicker. Maybe that's an individual visual accuity thing, but with my combination of bifocals and serious floaters the SS lamps are a winner.

The Saab seemed to burn out lamps once per year too, but that was with the lights "always on".

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
Granted they're only $35 or whatever but I didn't excessively use my lights and got about 1.5 years out of one......To get 1.5 years out of them is b.s.

I quite agree. Are u running them as headlights? Does your Jeep have daytime running lights? If so, that would have a great chance of burn out as the daytime is putting pressure on the bulb already and night time driving.

fuji

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silverstar Prices at Walmart

Noticed at Walmart Superstore that the Silverstars are 37.99 for set of two. In Canada, it's 32.99 for only one. How's that for a price difference?

fuji

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fujitsubo said:
I quite agree. Are u running them as headlights? Does your Jeep have daytime running lights? If so, that would have a great chance of burn out as the daytime is putting pressure on the bulb already and night time driving.

fuji

DRL is done by pulse modulating the high beam filament to produce something like 60% power. So, I doubt that DRL will have very much impact on bulb life. Driving with low beams on during the day (like I do) will likely reduce the life significantly however.