Silver Star headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
If anyone is like me and hated the cheap headlights put in the KK from the factory I'd tell you to go buy the Silver Stars. They're 35% bright than stock and were very easy to put in, and were only 19.99 each. There is one set of lights that's 50% brighter than stock, but at 49.99 (autozone) each it wasn't worth it to me. The lights are much whiter than the stock ones, so if you don't change your fogs you'll notice the difference in color between the two.

redrock08

Reaction score
Lights

If anyone is like me and hated the cheap headlights put in the KK from the factory I'd tell you to go buy the Silver Stars. They're 35% bright than stock and were very easy to put in, and were only 19.99 each. There is one set of lights that's 50% brighter than stock, but at 49.99 (autozone) each it wasn't worth it to me. The lights are much whiter than the stock ones, so if you don't change your fogs you'll notice the difference in color between the two.

Thanks for the info.

Dabitz

Reaction score
I just got the Philips Xtreme Power which claim to output +80%. They look like the Silver Stars Ultra I had on my ex (XK). I got them from Strauss, but they cost an arm and a leg at $59.99. Some people claim them to be close to HID's but I wouldn't go that far.

Def an improvement over stock.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
PIAA Extreme white

First night after driving my kj , I noticed how yellow the stock lamps were and rather dim on roadways. Next week I found this article comparing bulbs, where they used a KJ in the testing because it was easy to swap the bulbs. I got the Piaa bulbs installed and adjusted the headlights against the wall. It was amazing how much brighter and whiter the Extreme White's are.
These are better than my 4 door sedan with 4 halogen lamps in brightness.
Article:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2008/02/14/product-review-replacement-headlight-bulbs-piaa-extreme-white-plus-sylvania-silver-star-ultra-ge-night-hawk.htm

Last edited:

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I am using the 9007SU BP SilverStar Ultra High Performance Bulbs, which are 50% brighter, and about 34.00 for the set.

You must be registered for see images

GhstRider

Reaction score
I am not going to upgrade my bulbs till one of them burns out... Hopefully real soon so I have an excuse to upgrade.