side trim removal on 05 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

street_jeepKJ

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so now that winter is around the corner I wanted to put some blacked out wheels on but my liberty came with all the chrome trim.

does anyone know how to remove the side trim that runs along the bottom of the driver and passenger doors?

my plan is to get some red trim to relplace that with and get a red grill and then put on some blacked out wheels. then the other problem is which wheels to pick!

thanks for any info

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would just paint the trim
less hassle and would look better IMO, no holes to try and cover
As far as black wheels not being lifted you need to stick as close to possible to stock specs, 7 inches wide 5 inches of backspacing or so . Any wider is not needed , less backspacing and they'll rub on the fenders etc

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A heat gun held about 6" away from the plastic and some patience will get it off.

You will want the trim off to paint it, or simply buy someone's black trim. I have a set of black trim from an 02 that I would trade you for the chrome if you would like. It is already removed.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A heat gun held about 6" away from the plastic and some patience will get it off.

You will want the trim off to paint it, or simply buy someone's black trim. I have a set of black trim from an 02 that I would trade you for the chrome if you would like. It is already removed.

The trim looks different externally between 02-04 and 05-07. I'm not sure if the clips are different though. You MIGHT be able to still swap.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the overall shape is the same, it's just the 05+ trim is flat and says Liberty on it.

bassmanbob

Reaction score
I hit the trim on my 05 limited with some plastidip. Looks pretty good all things considered and total cost is around 7$ for a can at lowes.