should i make this a how-to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a garmin GPS mount in my KJ utilizing cheap parts, and stock bolts. Integrates nicely into the dash. I'm pretty sure it would work for most GPS' as well. I don't have any pics right now, and I'm right in the middle of finals (im in college in VT). Should I take some pics and make a how to when I get home?

-Alex

ScottZ0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see the pics when you get a chance. I'm always interested in a how-to.

Scott

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post the pics. my regular highway garmin has its own mount i fitted to the dash using velcro. my hand held hiking garmin im always having to prop up some how on thr trails. i want to see elevation or else i wouldnt need to use the hand held. so yeah post it.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always interested in creative installs that don't cost a lot but still look great. Post it up.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wooo hooo! Show us your goodies!

But seriously, I spent over $50 and wasted over two weeks trying to fab up a "cheap" mount for my GPS. Eventually I just went out and got the RAM mount. It's the most versatile-- will go in ANY car (may violate the law in states like California where you're not allowed to have anything suctioned to the glass). Never looked back.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least post a picture of it

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im at college and i dont get home till friday, so I'll definitely try to get something up friday night or saturday! sorry to leave everyone in suspense!

Members online