Should I get new heads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get them ported and polished, then get some custom cams ground, then custom tuning. Whole new Jeep!

tunings the problem. no decent software out there to tune with. b&g is a joke, sct and diablosport dont support enough models or engine parameters, hypertech is basic tuning and not in depth nor will it let you tune it yourself since everything is preloaded, and hptuners doesnt support many chryslers right now much less jeeps. once, if ever, hptuners finally supports the 3.7L well have a whole new world of tuning available. you almost cant beat hptuners for domestic vehicles. i have hptuners for my car so if the jeep ever does become available to tune you better believe ill be tuning it!

yimmit

Reaction score
04 liberty bad heads/whats going on

bought 04 liberty 3.7. ran great for about two months and then noticed at start up was rough. Engine light came on and codes wher 5,6 missfire. Engine warms up seems to run ok but about a week and engine on way home from work got past half way on temp gauge,when got home check coolant and it was 3/4 of a gallon low. Two days later nothing in collant resevior.no puddles on ground suspect missfire due to bad heads or gaskets oohh chrysler you done it again .

STW

Reaction score
I just lost the right side hg on saturday... and am thinking of just pulling in a new engine. With 150K on this engine, and a rock lizard front and rear bumper on the way, i figure this will be the toy for years to come

S