Should I buy an 04 Liberty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmilone

Reaction score
opinions please, looking at a liberty and wondering about any concerns or problems with them. I figured this was the place to look. Please help me decide

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Limited, Just hit 60k. Short of normal maintinence the only problems that required work are, the Lower Ball Joints, 4th Fan speed stopped working, passenger seat did not recline all the way. Everything has been fixed and is working fine.

-Ryan

aksloan

Reaction score
I bought an 04 Sport with 35K in February and I love it!

Only advice I'd give since you're buying used is to change out all the fluids for piece of mind that it is serviced correctly. I was able to do it all myself so it isn't a hard thing to do and it saves you a lot of money compared to what a dealer charges.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got an 04 and really like it. Just make sure it has not been wrecked and its had the proper maintenance done.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 04 only has 35000 on it, but its been a good vehicle so far. One thing I will recommend though; if it has the 215/75R16's on it, the base factory tire, replace them! These tires suck! The next factory size up is a 235/70R16. Others have gone bigger.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2004 Sport bought new and with over 100,000 miles on it now I have replaced the Lower Ball joints, rear u joints, and one O2 sensor due to tearing the wire off when I was off road. Other than regular oil changes etc nothing else, still original brakes , hoses, belt etc. No problems at all really great vehicle. Oh and its been lifted over 65000 of those miles

Tom

cmilone

Reaction score
I got an 03. Question, is there a company that makes rear swaybars for the liberty's?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

Jennifer and I have a 2004 Sport 4X4 3.7 litre. 154000 Km on the clock.
Haven't had any real problems to speak of. Overall the KJ has been an awesome mode of transportation and allot of fun on the weekends.
So yes, go for it! Buy that 2004! You'll be glad you did!