Shock Availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm looking into a 3" lift and I will need new rear shocks. First thing first I live in a very remote area and UPS and FEDex and Purolator will not ship to me. So buying from jeepin by al and other fine sellers of KJ products is out of the question. So my question to you it.

Is there a shock that I can purchase that will work that can be purchased from Canadian Tire or from the Jeep/Dodge dealer?

Thanks!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it might be easier for you to order a stock shock for a durango. they fit perfect and are longer then stock

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
rear shock for 99-04 Dodge Dakota 4 WD or 98-03 Durango 4 WD is what you will need to look for

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What about springs? Do you already have the OME lifted springs?

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys rock. I was hoping I could just get a shock from a larger dodge vehicle. Thanks so much!!!

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And no it will not be anything but a spacer lift as no one will ship to me except USPS(canada post) and no company that makes lifts for us will ship USPS because its to expensive, almost double the cost.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Spacer lifts are not worth the trouble.
Huntbuggy, Ryan & Myself have got all the correct parts together from either USPS or UPS.
OME 927 / 948 springs Arb Canada, bilstien shocks (allshocks.com), teraflex bumpstops, JBA 4.5 a-arms etc.
Shipping is part of the deal, it does cost $ but do you want a great handling KJ or one you are not going to be happy with and eventually do right the first time?
The stock suspension is bagged on the kJ and new springs and shocks are in order anyways.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could but the whole community shares the same local P.O. Box. Its a messed system. I guess that's what I get for teaching up here lol. I was afraid to mention it was a spacer lift for fear of criticism, its cheap < $80 and it will be fine until I get home and can order some nice stuff. As for now I literally need more height. I have been bottoming out on our road coming in because of washouts. I will try and post a picture of a obstacle right next to my house.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but the spacer lift will not help you that much really

make sure if you do it to install front Teraflex bumpstops since it will eat your front shocks in no time

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well?
I hate to say this...
But I have over 25+ years in National and International shipping experience under my belt...
I have never had a problem getting products to customers in the most remote area's of Canada!
No Matter Where They are Located in Canada!
I don't buy into your claim that you cannot get "Stuff" sent to you!
Just a bunch of B U L L S H I T ! if you ask me!
:grd:
That me dear fellow KJCountry Member is the Brutal Truth!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
(Alcy)=D&gt;(yeahthat)(beerthought)perfect10.gif:\
:popcorn::popcorn:

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a quick google, why not open a mailbox at border boxes in international falls, MN and have everything shipped there?

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that was incredibly rude.... Thanks for summarizing my situation. If I were not on a "fly in reserve" maybe I could get shipping. It has only had road access for a couple years. Before you judge and poke fun at people its good to understand their circumstances and yes I could drive 2-3 hours (1 way) to a small UPS depot (a quick cash place) there hours are from 9am-4:30pm mon-fri closed weekends. Now I teach from 8:30am to 4:00pm mon-fri. In this profession its very hard to take time off considering we have NO supply teachers. Now this quick cash place will only hold parcels for 1 week. I am only able to go out every other Friday (payday is a halfday). I will not risk loosing a parcel because I cannot make it out. USPS works for me because they pass the parcel off to canada post and we (as in the whole community) share a single P.O. Box. This way the parcel is held until I can pick it up without worry about it being sent back. Just most people will not ship USPS for larger items.

I did not join this forum to be made fun of and I do not appreciate what you have said.

I'm sorry to say back to you, but that is the truth.

Latest posts

Members online