shift knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moose_1978

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the shift knob comes off on a manual libby?I want to replace it with a aftermarket.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure it out. I read somewhere that you have to pry the cap off with the gear numers and then there is a screw under that to remove the whole knob. I spend a good half hour trying to get the cap off before I said screw it because I could no longer convince myself that if I kep prying it would work. The KJ knob appears to be solid plastic and the cap is not removeable.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shift knob on the KJ is solid plastic. The shift knob on the last two Tj's my family has owned had the cap that was removable.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swyszomirski said:
To remove the shifter knob, push down hard, really hard, then turn counter-clock wise and it will come off. It is spring loaded.

Here is what I changed my shifter to:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/798121/1

Holy crap, great idea!

Do you have any finished-product photos? your cardomain site says you didn't get time to post a photo with the boot back on.