She's getting an oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah i know its not a Synthetic or Synthetic Blend but what yall dont know is that. All you need is Conventional and STP oil treatment.

Attachments

• 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 52

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fram ExtraGuard? God No! The only Fram filter that is of quality is the Extended Guard(XG). The rest, like that orange can there, are pure crap.

Oil treatment? I would never use one of those additives. Your just asking for trouble.

10W-30? I'm guessing it's always warm where you live?

Sorry to criticize but you should of asked us before you went out and bought that stuff.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol i got a buddy thats got a 79 ford with a 460 and thats all he uses. and well damn if all that i just bought is crap then my whole family which all they have done is worked on vehicles is crazy but back to the ford it has 300,000 miles on it and still runs like the day it was built. so sorry to criticize and yes it stays hot in south georiga and how did vehicle make it b4 when all it was was Conventional so plz answer that one?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol i live in georgia and in the winter it stays in the 50s and 60s and just maybe the 40s so what i got is fine if not then ill rebuild it and then let yall tell me how to drive it, park it, change oil and everything else about it

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
well whats the best then and let keep in mind that i still have to live but just tell me bc ill go back to the part store and get the right stuff

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
LOL .. That has got to be the worst question to ask around here ... You don't really expect to get one answer do ya? :D

I checked people sig's and then asked questions of those individuals after I had an idea of how much they baby there Jeeps... and how long they have run without major problems.

Just sayin'

Cheers,

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
LOL .. That has got to be the worst question to ask around here ... You don't really expect to get one answer do ya? :D

I checked people sig's and then asked questions of those individuals after I had an idea of how much they baby there Jeeps... and how long they have run without major problems.

Just sayin'

Cheers,

lol well what ya mean

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
well whats the best then and let keep in mind that i still have to live but just tell me bc ill go back to the part store and get the right stuff

Pureolator....MotorCraft is good as well, might be the same as the Pureolator.

The Motor craft is $3.67 at Wal Mart.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol well as sh!tty as a ford is built ill take my chances with valvoline and i dont buy oils from wally world lol sorry

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol well as sh!tty as a ford is built ill take my chances with valvoline and i dont buy oils from wally world lol sorry

Lol they sell Valvoline, Castrol, Quaker State, Mobil,... at walmart. I'm fine with your choice of oil if you plan on doing a 2-3k oil change. But please don't use the oil treatment stuff and get a better oil filter such as Wix/Napa, Purolator, Motorcraft, Mopar, Fram XG3600, Mobil M1-209.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've used the MotorCraft filter...no issues at all. Heck I even keep one in the off road kit..

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
k but i dont do the 2-3k thing i go by how burnt it looks and smells to me and i was going to get a mopar which is what i would loved to of had but they didnt have one for my kj so i went with fram and fram is pretty much all i have used and has been a great one for me

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k but i dont do the 2-3k thing i go by how burnt it looks and smells to me and i was going to get a mopar which is what i would loved to of had but they didnt have one for my kj so i went with fram and fram is pretty much all i have used and has been a great one for me

Color and smell aren't a good way to tell if the oil needs changing or not. Only a used oil analyst will tell you that. If your running conventional oil, stick to 2-3k miles oil changes.

The problem with the Fram orange can filter, is that it's very cheaply made. Cardboard end caps. *shutters*

More info on oil filters here : http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/31190-oil-filters-dissected.html

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
well idk how it aint why waste money? why not get full use out of it bc i am for sure but ill keep on using what i know and have been using

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Valvoline. I use 5W30, but in your climate, 10W30 should be OK.

I use WIX/NAPA Gold filters. Purolators are good, too. I do not like Fram.

STP is thicker than molasses in January. May be the ticket for a tired old engine, but it has no use in your Libby.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
ok one ? if yall are using blend and a full which has the same as conventional when you put a oil treatment in it and the oil treament bonds and becomes one with the metal so why not put conventional and a treatment in it but i look at it like this yall stay with what yall THINK is best, and what yall are use to. and ill kept to what i know and have been using but hey it could be like most and take it to a quick lube and not know whats beening done under my hood or what oil. so what makes more sence?