She's getting an oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, my brain hurts from trying to make sense of mag03kj's crazy run on sentence's.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
ooh "YALL" be hating on me hard all the time...lol...but next time she gets changed...im going to a blend and mopar filter..is the mopar good enough...lol i didnt think 3k on a fram would hurt her?? and at least i didnt budke her.....:D:p;):rolleyes:

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure get your oil at Walmart, I get 5 quarts of Valvoline Full Synthetic for $20.50 and they have the XG Fram filter available. I do prefer the Napa Gold (WIX) filter though...

But seriously, I used to get Full Syn oil at the parts store and it is considerably more expensive when it's not on sale.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure get your oil at Walmart, I get 5 quarts of Valvoline Full Synthetic for $20.50 and they have the XG Fram filter available. I do prefer the Napa Gold (WIX) filter though...

But seriously, I used to get Full Syn oil at the parts store and it is considerably more expensive when it's not on sale.

Same here Jeepin05. I just bought one the other day at wallyworld.

Dave

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have strong opinions on synthetics vs. conventionals, but in my opinion I would stick to the manufacturer's weight unless I lived in a really extreme climate. I might go lower weight if I lived somewhere where conditions reached near arctic cold, or go with a heavier weight where regular daytime highs approached 110+ (like Phoenix).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ooh "YALL" be hating on me hard all the time...lol...but next time she gets changed...im going to a blend and mopar filter..is the mopar good enough...lol i didnt think 3k on a fram would hurt her?? and at least i didnt budke her.....:D:p;):rolleyes:

Mopar is fram....go with a Motorcraft (Classic Pureolator casing, PureOne filter element), or Pureolator...

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been using a K&N oil filter and GTX 5W-20 thats whats on my oil fill cap. (USE 5W-20)???? I think on my next oil change I will try 5W-30 like tjkj I like oil pressure.
I do my oil changes old school style every 3 mounths or 3000 what ever comes first. I also like oil filters that have check valves in them,
Oil changes keeps it clean, runs cooler and well lubed.