Service Contracts After 100,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better be reading the extremely fine print on those warranty's and follow there recommendations to the letter and keep all receipts.

What you consider "Lifetime" is not what they consider "Lifetime" and there is restrictions.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better be reading the extremely fine print on those warranty's and follow there recommendations to the letter and keep all receipts.

What you consider "Lifetime" is not what they consider "Lifetime" and there is restrictions.

x2. This is a case where this warranty "sounds good", so go over the fine print with a fine-assed tooth comb.

mjs020293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have fine print also.

We have had that warranty in the past. The aircon condenser was replaced no arguments, a $1,400 job, two electric windows were repaired at $500 a piece. No checks were made on service history, and because its in the Jeep/Chrysler computer there are no forms to fill in.

Its just like the original warranty !!

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah . . . I don't go to the stealership for oil changes and other basic maint. SO . . . I have to keep hella paper records just incase they decide to accuse me of violating the factory required maintenance list.

Other than that, no fine print. It says that it doesn't cover anything that isn't specifically listed in the agreement, but there's ALOT that is specifically mentioned. It's written in legal-speak

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who Is Eligible?

You are eligible for the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee of 2006, 2007 or 2008 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle. Subsequent owners or lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not eligible. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle 18 transferred by operation of law are also not eligible.

You have to be the original owner to get that warranty. If you bought your junk used, no go. I bought this warranty when I bought my Jeep used. The service writer at the dealership got fired because of it. They than switched warranties, I guess hoping I wouldn't figure it out. I got pissed demanded they honor their original contract and they would not. They said they would happily refund my money but wouldn't honor the contract (I guess by refunding money there was no breach of contract, so I was told). I figured some warranty was better than nothing and kept the warranty that they switched mine to. Long story short, ended up cancelling my warranty and got my money back in full (took a while and a lot of anger and frustration). They wouldn't touch anything and said it was all due to the lift on the vehicle and off-road abuse. I bought the vehicle with the lift from them and this was before my Jeep seen anything but dirt roads.

Just keep the money you would have spent on the warranty set aside, like as stated before, and not have to deal with the hassle of the dealership trying to screw you.

My .02 cents.

Last edited: