Serious front brake problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brown90

Reaction score
i was driving down the road doing about 50MPH when my front driver side brake locked up. kinda scary but i am ok lol i got home and discovered one bolt lose and both my calpiers pins were missing bolts so i headed to NAPA to buy need caliper pins and bolts when i got home i took out the top and bottom pin. When i tried to install the new pins i came to find out the pin does not fill the whole so i decided well i got new bolts i will just leave the old pins in for now. so i attempted to put the old caliper pins in they did not fit either. so my Q's in does the pen have to be pressed in or wtf???
any advice would be helpful.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
What pins, the SLIDER (floating) pins for the Caliper itself? No, they do come all the way out, but when changing brake pads, only ONE needs to come out, the other loosened. This is so you simple flip the caliper up to replace the pads.

You mean these?
You must be registered for see images

They are the BRACKET bolts.

Or do you mean these?

The bolts (pins?) go through that sleeve...

IF the slider bolts just came out, then they should go right back in... I don't think you mean the bracket bolts, the first picture. They're a pretty simple system, FOUR bolts (2 caliper and 2 bracket), and two sleeves (caliper), that's all there is...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm correct, those are the pins which have to be coated with a high temperature grease before putting them back in.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm correct, those are the pins which have to be coated with a high temperature grease before putting them back in.

Correct
You must be registered for see images attach

I have been using Lucas oil on mine, when I did them. Graphite would be better?

Currently thanking God you don't work on ThunderbirdJunkie's junk...

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)