Sentry Key Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nws2002

Reaction score
Long story short, my sister wrecked her car and is borrowing my 2011 KK until she is able to get another car. I've been driving my other car. Unfortunately she lives 2 hours away from me.

She called tonight at 2am after getting off work saying the alarm went off when she unlocked the car and opened the door. I told her to close the door and lock/unlock using the remote and that worked.

Then she called right back and said the Jeep wouldn't start. She also mentioned an error message on the EVIC but I didn't write it down and I was sleeping.

The only thing I could think of at the time to get her home was to have her pull the negative battery cable, wait a 30 seconds, and then reconnect hoping it would reset whatever electronic module controls that. She did that and it started right up.

Anyone ever ran into this before? Quick google search indicated maybe a WCM (wireless control module) issue. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again or I'll have her take it to a local dealer and hope it is covered by the extended warranty.

Latest posts

Members online