Secondary Chain Holder #8429

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jags

Reaction score
Putting new head on Rt. or passenger side. Was told I needed special tool #8429. It would not sit flush due to bolt interference. I had to drill out middle to make it work. Spleens on holder would not cover chain to hold it until I drilled out middle. Any one else seen this. 2002 KJ 3.7 v6

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 25

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need this tool to do the timing. I just did mine and used cable ties to hold secondary chains in place.
Could have done the timing with idler sprocket bolt off and wouldn't have needed to drill out hole in your special tool.

Jags

Reaction score
I had thought about just taking bolt out. I was worried the sprocket would come off. Both of my manuals didnt say to take out bolt. I was thinking I got the wrong tool for the year. I read the zip tie comment earlier, will try that in the future. Hopefully wont have to tear this thing down twice..ever:emotions34:

Latest posts

Members online