Seatbelt Reminder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04limited

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Besides telling me to wear my seatbelt, does anyone know how to de-activate the seatbelt reminder?

TIA for any info.

nate5238

Reaction score
Theres a little wire near your seatbelt at the bottom, on fords you can cut it and the indicator is gone.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like for "our safety". Future cars will probably not even let you drive, or sign a waver that you could be killed, lol.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know of any way to get bypass it but a buddy of mine just secures it behind him. I see a few pics posted here and there that have the seat belt always engaged behind them to stop the dinger.

nate5238

Reaction score
On my ford ranger, when Im driving through the dump to the different stations and thing, a beeper constantly rings tells me I dont hjave my deatbelt on even thought im going 5 mph and getting out every 30 seconds. So i see at points it could get annoying. But honestly I wear my seltbelt in regular driving.

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this work?

The instructions should be in your owners manual somewhere....

Thanks, this is the same dam thing I had to do with my Escape. Just so you all know I wear my seatbelt but sometimes I take it off like on the beach.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nate5238 said:
Theres a little wire near your seatbelt at the bottom, on fords you can cut it and the indicator is gone.

Dont do this on the Liberty. The wire under the seat is integral to the airbag stuff. If you disconnect it, your airbag light will come on and stay on until you reconnect it (reference my seat swap thread for more info).

There is a way involving disocnnecting/reconnecting the seatbelt, but I think this only affects the Dinger at start, not the actual light. I could be wrong, kuz I've never tried this.

I wear my seatbelt about 70% of the time, and the other 30% is just plain laziness. We have a "Click-It-Or-Ticket" program goin on around here, not so much here but down by my inlaws, where cops will pull you over and give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. My wife got one. No other reason for giving her a ticket. Out-of-state plates. I was ready to spit bullets.

*sigh*

Tangent over, hope this helps.

-Blu

Boaz

Reaction score
I just wear the damn seat belt. But it does get annoying at times.... the chime that is \:D/

skeeter

Reaction score
As per the manual, I disconnected the chime. I'll be damned if I am going to put on my seatbelt just to drive down to the end of my driveway with my garbage cans. Also I have been religiously wearing my seatbelt for 30 years - I don't need some damn noise to tell me to do it!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argghhh, curse you Ralph Nader! May you and you ilk burn in the fires of the lowest level of the abyss for forcing the auto makers to put seatbelt warnings in cars! You are EVIL!!! the_finger.gif

\:D/ OK, rant over.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
skeeter said:
As per the manual, I disconnected the chime. I'll be damned if I am going to put on my seatbelt just to drive down to the end of my driveway with my garbage cans. Also I have been religiously wearing my seatbelt for 30 years - I don't need some damn noise to tell me to do it!

No offense, but I would wear it even then. For these reasons

1: It's now a habit to buckle up after turning on the ignition.
2: Maniac drivers, who knows what will come out of nowhere.
3: It sounds like you have quite a long driveway. See number 2.

automatorokc

Reaction score
The only problem I have with the seatbelt dinger is by the time I get my door open, the rifle out of the back and loaded up, any deer in the area are 7 blocks away :) Not good, will disable as soon as I get a chance - I do wear my seatbelt 100% of the time and don't move until the passangers have thiers on too - complain and you can walk is my motto :)