Seat Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's set sits a little higher than I would prefer. Is there a mod someone has done to lower it? Do limited models have power seats that adjust the height?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im 6'3" and had the same problem but i got used to it. The only seat mod i have seen so far is to give you extra leg room.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could try to remove the seat and trash out some mounting hardware but I have no idea how it would turn. Only other idea is to get an aftermarket seat that is lower.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I will just get used to it as well. I am not very tall so head room is not an issue. It just feels odd to be up so high.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the same for me. First thing in the morning was the worst but by the end of the day my spine compressed enough to make it much more comfortable lol. Play with the seat adjustments too i have mine dialed in to where it doesnt feel like your so high up.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found any adjustment that changes the height. All you can do is move the seat forwards and backwards and recline the back of the seat. I don't have power seats. I wonder if I could take my seat bracket to a local shop and have them cut an inch or two out and weld it back together?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found any adjustment that changes the height. All you can do is move the seat forwards and backwards and recline the back of the seat. I don't have power seats. I wonder if I could take my seat bracket to a local shop and have them cut an inch or two out and weld it back together?

I didnt mean an up/down adjustment. I just found a good combo of the 2 adjustments to keep my line of sight bellow the visor. I was thinking about cutting and welding back together but i just didnt care that much. I went from driving a vw passat to the jeep so the position was very diff. Before you go cutting the bracket up ans spending money you should probly give it a couple weeks and maybe youll get used to it like i did. Thats just my 2 pennies. Anyway good luck with it

Edit: just remembered another reason i didnt shorten the bracket. The supports dont go straight up and down theyre on a slight angle so it would take more then just a simple cut and weld to make them line up proper