Seat change in 06 CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkesha

Reaction score
Hi, I have those disgusting cloth seats in my Liberty CRD.
Did anyone try to put the leather ones from other liberties ?
I have in mind the 03 Renegade since this modes is coming up on the auction as non repairabel item, and I think I might be able to salvage more of the parts for it.

Than,s

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lately, it's been a hot topic. A few threads down it talks about it. One thing to note is the leather patteren from an 03 compared to an 06 is quite different.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
And so is the padding underneath.

Since you have an '06...

You might have to get the seats from an '04 or higher to avoid an airbag light. There's a sensor in the passenger seat. Not sure if the sensor can be swapped?

But it can be, and has been done... plenty of times.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leather seats from my '05 Limited are uncomfortable. I would much rather have the cloth seats from my brother's '06 Sport.

FWIW

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put leather power/heated seats in my 05 out of an 04. I didn't get all the connectors so had to rig up some of the cabling myself. I also had to change the occupancy sensor on the passenger seat, just swapped the one off my 05 seat. I had thought about trying to see if seats from a PT cruiser would fit, but found this deal before I tried.

bought them off ebay

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but how are the cloth seats constructed? I know with the leather it is almost like a cover that is stretched across the frame. If that was the case, could you just remove the cloth from the donor seats, remove the leather from the original vehicle and swap the two?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a thought, but how are the cloth seats constructed? I know with the leather it is almost like a cover that is stretched across the frame. If that was the case, could you just remove the cloth from the donor seats, remove the leather from the original vehicle and swap the two?

After reading to post above, what about covering the cloth with leather??? I heard it could be done, and they'd follow the factory pattern.

Just a thought. :)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

They're constructed the SAME way.

Interesting thought here that I never thought of before! Is the foam underneath the exact same? Because if so...

Just swap the covers, done deal!

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cloth seats and the leather seats are completely different. I don't think the leather from the 05 will fit over the padding of a cloth seat.