Seat belt removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dominator

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some info on removing & installing rear driver side seat belt. The one in there right now has been chewed on by i am guessing a dog? Anybody out there done this before?:confused::confused:

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never removed a seatbelt in my kj ,but i.m pretty certain that seatbelt pre-tensioners are fitted,and they contain explosives so take care.I'm sure someone on here who works in a bodyshop will tell you the correct/safe procedure.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat belt

You'll need to remove the plastic panelling in the cargo area on that side first. Then seat belt is attached to the side of the vehicle and to the floor, where the seat mounts. I believe you'll just need a large diameter socket, maybe a large Torx bit.

And that's it, pretty simple installation and removal. You should be able to find the part from a junk yard for pretty cheap I would imagine. Check www.car-part.com.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No seat belt belt pyrotechnic tensioners in the early KJ's,'02 at least since none were in my KJ when I ripped it all apart.You will need torx bit sockets,T45,T50,or T55(can't remeber which one).

mbauler

Reaction score
Having a problem with the torx bolt on the driver seat belt anchor. Seems like it was put in with loctite? I loosened it about a turn, then it locked up. Anyone have any suggestions? seems like if I force it the bolt will break.