Scanner like the Autel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In another thread, the poster shows and talks about an Autel Scanner that he is using to track his cold weather start up situation. He states there are other scanners available – however – I searched for the Autel, which is obviously no longer available. All the rest of my searches only came up with maintenance type scanners rather than the operating type. Can someone point me a set-up similar to the Autel?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Clint is referring to the Autel MaxiTrip TP100 (2009 era)
Link about TP-100: http://www.autelscanner.com/products/Autel-MaxiTrip-TP100_771.html
54360[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Short of checking ebay or posting in wanted section, they are hard to find.
Some members who use I phones or smart phones may be able to recommend apps with gauge package, etc for this new technology. Would that be an acceptable replacement?
Older Link: DevToaster - Rev - iPhone app development, Great iPhone apps, and more

Attachments

• Autel%20MAXI%20trip%20TP%20100%20Reader.jpg
    Autel%20MAXI%20trip%20TP%20100%20Reader.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're just looking for real time data you can purchase a elm327 bluetooth obd2 reader and use free apps on google play or itunes like torque to view the data.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to find an similar but available model . I did find a Scan Gauge II and Scan Gauge E which is sort of similar. The II has 4 simultaneous functions like the Autel while the E has two. $170 & $100 respectively.

I was typing while others were posting. ooops

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a similar style device look for Scangauge. Exact same type of thing. For a different style, look for a device called ELM327. It is a Bluetooth device which you can then connect to your smartphone. If you have an Android the app is called torque. If you have an iPhone there is also an app but I can't remember what it's called. The ELM 327 should be $12 or less and the app is $4.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're just looking for real time data you can purchase a elm327 bluetooth obd2 reader and use free apps on google play or itunes like torque to view the data.

WOW - I just googled the ELM327 and watched a Youtube video. I even have an older IPhone 4 I can dedicate to it.

Thanks !!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW - I just googled the ELM327 and watched a Youtube video. I even have an older IPhone 4 I can dedicate to it.

Thanks !!

Get the wifi version. The bluetooth version won't work with an iPhone.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've all ready ordered it and it is on its way. Luckily I have a spare Android phone kicking around somewhere.