Satelite Radio Availability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
I'm building an 08 Liberty.

One of the options I'm going to get is the Popular Equipment Group
  • Front Passenger-Side Fold-Flat Seat
  • Luxury Front and Rear Floor Mats
  • Cargo Compartment Cover
  • Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass
  • Temperature and Compass Gauge
  • Auxiliary 115-Volt Power Outlet
  • Fog Lamps
  • Side Roof Rails
  • Speed Control
  • 6 Speakers
  • P225/75R16 Outline White Letter All Season Tires

For $345 more I can get Premium Sound Group
  • 6 Speakers
  • AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/DVD/MP3/WMA Player
  • 1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS®

Does anybody know if I don't get the Premium Sound Group, is the normal radio still Sirius ready? I already have a Sirius subscription, so I'd rather just transfer it to the normal radio and not pay $345 more for basically just a 6-disc changer.

Thanks,
Nick

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We didn't opt for the premium sound but got the Popular Group package which came with a year subscription to Sirius. Plus the AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/DVD/MP3/WMA Player. Maybe it's different at other dealerships offering a little extra to entice buyers.

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
How did you get the In-Dash 6-Disc CD/DVD/MP3/WMA without the Premium Sound Package?

It would suck to pay $345 for a package, while I'm already paying for the speakers in the Popular Package... You'd think I'd get a discount for getting both packages because features overlap.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the radio being Sirious ready, but there is an antenna outside too if you get it. Also you get 6 speakers and they might be upgraded ones. In the earlier models, they were using Infinity Speakers in the upgrade.

One thing that might help is to get the sales booklet for the KK from any dealer. It will list all the options/packages AND SPECS on the back couple of pages. It might help you out. It is free of course. I always do that when I am looking and it helps me out.

Dave

Layston

Reaction score
My wife just bought a new radio for her KK. I'll be installing it in the next week or so. It has an add-on Sirius module. Does anybody know if the antenna on the roof already has a Sirius antenna as part of it?

Last edited:

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the pics I saw, your KK has the antenna for Sirius SAT radio. Ours came with a one year subscription. Our radio is the 6 disc changer (in-dash) Sirius, DVD. Not the premium audio package but it did come with Sirius. I thought all KK's came with a one year subscription?