sad day for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch...at least your wife is ok...

I say the damage will be around 4-5k....

ride4lamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front end looked like that last year and it was bout 4K if I remember correctly...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch...

I am very happy to hear that no one except the jeep was hurt.
In Canada our Jeeps & parts & Labor are more expensive and my guess is 5-6k Range.
I know right now I would be considering an ARB bumper and get it shipped ASAP.:)
I know it may cost more to have the Arb, but to me it would be worth it in the long run.
Have you decided who is going to do the repairs?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good sign. I've had two deer hits in the front, one accident where I rearended someone and been in a sandwich.

So what you're saying is, when you're on the road, everyone look out. (partysmile)

I'm here all week.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least 4K probably over 5K. I got side swiped when I had my Grand Marquis, and the damage wasn't no where near as bad as this, and that was 3K. The front fender was pushed in and the paint was scraped all down the side, and that was it.

Glad no one was hurt, that is all that matters.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry they won't total it... I swear it seems like insurance companies won't total it unless its super bad now, its cheaper for them in the long run.

I know when i had my deer accident the gal from State Farm said the cost of the damage had to be 65% of the value of the vehicle now before they would total it out.

Don't worry, get a good shop, and it will be right again before you know it. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, if the other driver is footing the bill get a rental if you can and enjoy driving something else for a while, while thinking the whole time about how nice your KJ will be after its all fixed!

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry they won't total it... I swear it seems like insurance companies won't total it unless its super bad now, its cheaper for them in the long run.

I know when i had my deer accident the gal from State Farm said the cost of the damage had to be 65% of the value of the vehicle now before they would total it out.

Don't worry, get a good shop, and it will be right again before you know it. It's more of an inconvenience than anything, if the other driver is footing the bill get a rental if you can and enjoy driving something else for a while, while thinking the whole time about how nice your KJ will be after its all fixed!

They gave us an 05 Ford Escape today for a rental. What a POS compared to the Liberty.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
An 05???? Didn't know companies rented anything older than an 08...

Is it being fixed at a dealer, and the Escape is used???

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The explorer is going back tomorrow, they didn't have anything 4WD in stock for today. Not sure where or if it is going to be repaired. Have to wait on what the insurance co wants to do with it.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way is that going to be under $4k.

You must be registered for see images

That's what mine looked like and it was just over $4k to fix. Luckily though, yours is pretty new, even though it does have a lot of miles, so it won't be more than the value of the Jeep. Mine's an '02 and it had I think 105k on it when I hit that guardrail.

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is being repaired, looks like the damage is mostly cosmetic, the engine seems fine and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the frame. Had it sent over to a shop late yesterday and they should start work on it tomorrow. Didn't get the price estimate yet, I'll know more once they strip it down some.

I'm gonna try and get some pictures to post throughout the repair.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome... Didn't think they would total it for something like that, would have to be a LOT worse.

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked her up finally. Total repair cost was $5749.83 but the other driver had to cover it all. Turns out one of the mechanics knows the old dude that hit us. He's got alzheimers and this is like the 4th accident he's caused this year. I have no idea how he still has a license, or even able to get insured anymore.

Here's the list of repairs:

Front bumper assbly - overhauled
Front bumper cover - replaced
Front bumper impact absorber - replaced
front bumper reinforcement - repaired
Front bumper air dam - replaced
front bumper license bracket - replace
Grille - replaced&refinish
Grille reinforcement - replaced
Right headlamp assbly - replaced
Right front park/signal lamp assmbly - replaced
Left front park/signal lamp assmbly - replaced
right front park/signal lamp bulb - replaced
right front side marker lamp assmbly - replaced
hood panel - repaired
hood - refinished
hood latch - replaced
Right fender panel - repaired & refinished
Lower front body tie bar - replaced/refinished
front body hood latch support - replaced
front body lower crossmember - replaced
lower rad support crossmember - refinished
right front body insulator - replaced
left front body insulator - replaced
right front body side rail - repaired
trans oil cooler - replaced

it was dark out when i picked her up so I'll post pics tomorrow of the finished job. it looks almost new again.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason our KJ's arn't Cheap to fix. Someone keyed my KJ over the summer and it was $1100 it. The keying started in the middle of my rear driver door and stop at the gas tank door. What cost alot was removing and re-installed the rear fender and other plastic parts. Specially since the plastic rivits are one time use only and there not cheap to buy.

Last edited: