Rusty's suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my buddy didn't want to wait a few months to get a OME springs. So he went the RUSTY's route, I showed him this site and the fact that there only 310# f springs. Anyways he ordered and call me to help him, so I did. I told him to get conduit washers, so he did and a 1/4" top plate. They say is a 2.5" lift, with the top plate 3 washers per side, after alignment an 200 miles his sitting at 21.75" front and 21.5" in the back. In 200 it sagged 1.25". I guess that I heard the stories, but to see it sagging in front of your eye's is crazy. Now!!!!! he want to order front OME springs. I thought I should share this story that has my friend calling RUSTY's. He said that by installing the plate and the washers it's making the front springs sag prematurely. WTF!!!!!!!:badidea::badidea:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats true and I don't know how many times Tommudd has said that to many to count. I guess it just more prof of what's been said and at a cost witch has also been said. Once again lesson learned the hard way.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is totally amazing to me at least is the fact that its been a known fact since before I started playing with KJs back in 2004. I mean I read about them then, Here we are 11 years later and people still think that Rustys is a great deal and buy them.
One of the guys who used to live around here bought the kit against my advice and yes you could literally watch it sag from his visits to my place. Next will be his shocks going south. ONLY good thing is they "used" to use OME front shocks just with their decal on them, not sure if that is still true or not.
But it really surprises me that they continue to sell them. :think:

The clevis lift and top plate did not make them sag
if he is replacing the front springs, check the shocks close to see what they are now. Also may as well replace the rear shocks while he is at it.
I guess more preaching is needed on what works and what doesn't
:happy107::icon_smile::happy107:

Last edited:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is totally amazing to me at least is the fact that its been a known fact since before I started playing with KJs back in 2004. I mean I read about them then, Here we are 11 years later and people still think that Rustys is a great deal and buy them.
One of the guys who used to live around here bought the kit against my advice and yes you could literally watch it sag from his visits to my place. Next will be his shocks going south. ONLY good thing is they "used" to use OME front shocks just with their decal on them, not sure if that is still true or not.
But it really surprises me that they continue to sell them. :think:

The clevis lift and top plate did not make them sag
if he is replacing the front springs, check the shocks close to see what they are now. Also may as well replace the rear shocks while he is at it.
I guess more preaching is needed on what works and what doesn't
:happy107::icon_smile::happy107:

Totally right!!!!! Front shocks are Rancho and the back no name, only stamp that says made in Mexico!!!!! I have similar set up with OME Springs and Rancho shocks and Im at 23" after alignment and like few thousands milles. I try to stop him, but you know how it is. :wtf2:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA didn't have the OME springs in stock?

I don't think it was the availability of the OMEs
I think he was thinking of going the cheaper route and not waiting to save up more $$$$ for the OMEs or Ironman
You know a lot of people can not wait a month or so to do the right thing/ right way, they have to right now.

He spent 460 bucks and has nothing at all to show for it really, springs already sagging etc. $243 bucks more and he would of had a Ironman lift.

One of the things I hate is to see folks buy junk and waste money.

Last edited:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was the availability of the OMEs
I think he was thinking of going the cheaper route and not waiting to save up more $$$$ for the OMEs or Ironman
You know a lot of people can not wait a month or so to do the right thing/ right way, they have to right now.

He spent 460 bucks and has nothing at all to show for it really, springs already sagging etc. $243 bucks more and he would of had a Ironman lift.

One of the things I hate is to see folks buy junk and waste money.

Exactly!!!!!!! Didn't want to wait a month to get the good lift. He bought tires first and installed them. So he wanted to get the kj lifted asap. He called Rusty's today and they told him that they can send him a new set of front springs!!!! But it's not gonna fix anything in my opinion. I told him bite the bullet and learn the hard way. Now his new list is front OME springs and rear shocks for now:popcorn:
Tom I try, he was thinking of getting a .75" Rusty's spacer. I'm like dude stop with Rusty's shit. And when you ready call JBA.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly!!!!!!! Didn't want to wait a month to get the good lift. He bought tires first and installed them. So he wanted to get the kj lifted asap. He called Rusty's today and they told him that they can send him a new set of front springs!!!! But it's not gonna fix anything in my opinion. I told him bite the bullet and learn the hard way. Now his new list is front OME springs and rear shocks for now:popcorn:
Tom I try, he was thinking of getting a .75" Rusty's spacer. I'm like dude stop with Rusty's shit. And when you ready call JBA.

Just go out and beat your head against the wall, its about the same as trying to convince some :beatdeadhorse5::Insane:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend with the Rusty's lift because I was out off the country. Left the lift on and been 4wheeling, is sitting at 20.3" Lol!!! He came by and when I measured it, I was like **** this. I'm making a order from JBA next month for me, so I told him you want me to get the front springs in the same order. He really amazed me, he's going to get R/C lift to add to he's messy lift.:laughing1: I give up!!!!!! Lol!