Rusty's Running low on ome's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my Rusty's coil lift. Upgraded the rear shocks to the ome's. They tell me they only have about 50 left and aren't getting anymore of the ome rear shocks. If you want them order them now. Said something about quality not being the same because they are now being manufactured in malaysia?

Last edited:

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Said something about quality not being the same because they are now being manufactured in malaysia?

Is Mexico any better?! I noticed when I put on my Rusty's last weekend that the Rusty's shocks are made in Mexico. Maybe Mexican quality is fine, and I dont mean to offend any Mexicans or Malaysians, for that matter, but anyway.... I'll stop digging my hole now...

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BS.. His shocks are the ones that are not quality..

Ive yet to hear of an OME shock going bad..

I'm just stating what the guy at Rusty's told me. Dont konw if it was Rusty himself or not. Says once this batch of rear ome's are gone he's not getting anymore? I thought the front stuts were ome's but he says they're monroes? All i know is my lift is sceduled for delivery by 5/7/07. :D

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is FOS. If you peel the rusty's sticker off the strut it is stamped OME in the strut.

I don't understand this. OME has a reputable name. Why would you not want to advertise that is what your selling?? OME is definately wider know than Rusty's.

That why I bought it. I wanted OME. If they drop OME its their loss. Everyone will go to All J instead.

IMHO

pokefan

Reaction score
Everyone always upgrades the kit when they buy but has anyone ever asked if he'll sell them w/o the rear shocks for a better price? I'd rather go get the ranchos at the local store anyway.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He prolly gets a higher markup return off his own pos shocks or it just pride and he thinks his are better??

Maybe he figures if he doesn't have the OME's then folks will just take his.

I would just order the kit minus the rear shocks and get either rancho's or the long travel OME from allj.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He prolly gets a higher markup return off his own pos shocks or it just pride and he thinks his are better??

Maybe he figures if he doesn't have the OME's then folks will just take his.

I would just order the kit minus the rear shocks and get either rancho's or the long travel OME from allj.

Yeah i dont know, I heard his rear shocks are junk.. It's the same guy that answers the phone every time i call. No affense to anyone but he sounds like an older fellow with a strong southern accent. I upgraded to ome rears. I dont even think he sells the rancho's becuase he says they are wrong and dont work with the lift because they're valved wrong for a liberty, designed for the durango. He said the new ome's are being manufactured in malayasia and the quality is not the same as his current batch of ome's. I know he said the fronts were monroes. I hope he didn't just switch to them. I want ome's front and rear.

I also asked about his upper control arms. Of course he's out of stock, says he doesn't use a ball joint in his like al's do. His do look stronger with the gusset near where the ball joint mounts compared to al's. Does any body have these and are they longer like al's, i forgot to ask him. Probably would of got a half ass answer anyway.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of the upper A-arms? Ive not seen anyone thats gotten them yet! Last I heard, he hadn't started selling them yet..

Im not sure why he is telling so many lies. Many people have said the front shocks are OME.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al has recently upgraded his A arms to make them stronger by the way. The upper ball joint he told me, are used by NASCAR because it's the best he could find. The downside is they are harder for him to keep a supply of.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of the upper A-arms? Ive not seen anyone thats gotten them yet! Last I heard, he hadn't started selling them yet..

Im not sure why he is telling so many lies. Many people have said the front shocks are OME.

Yeah i haven't seen anyone with rusty's front a-arms but anyway got my lift kit the other day and YES the front struts are ome's. I peeled the sticker off and underneath it is says OME dont know why he told me they were p.o.s monroe's. I've got almost every thing lined up for me to start the install on 5/17 except still waiting on al's a-arms. I'm going with rusty's coil lift, 3ring clevis and 1 extra isolator in the rear. 245/75-16 mt/r's and spidertrax spacers, al's a-arms and new lower control arm bushings. should be fun :D

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as some of u may have read on the LOST board, i just received my rusty's kit yesterday. the front struts DEFINITELY say OME under his sticker. made in austrailia. end of that. the rears he sent were the ome 132's, i had ordered the 132L's from him, i believe that he may have honestly thought he had "long" shocks with the 132's....no biggie, he's takin em back and i ordered the L's from All J's, along with extended bump stops...so there u go, his struts are OME, and he deinitely is selling OME rears if you want em, not the long ones, but the standard ones