Rusty's lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine on today! Alignment comes tomorrow. Tires will be behind shortly!

No pics yet, but I'll take some soon!

Thanks for all of those out there who helped with all my questions while I was making this decision.

One question... my a-arm was really close to the coil. Is there a good chance it'll hit when I flex the front susp?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its usually not a bad idea to wait around a week before getting an alignment after putting a lift on. Gives everything time to settle and such. :)

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the a-arm and the coil proximity, I believe you are talking about the distance between them while it was all the way up in the air. That is the closest they should ever get. Provided you don't go jumping it off speed bumps or anything like that it should be fine.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have coil to ball joint contact if you add the front spacers you have listed,I have the rusty's with a small clevis lift added ( 2 conduit washers) and at full droop I have about 1/8in away from contact.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have coil to ball joint contact if you add the front spacers you have listed,I have the rusty's with a small clevis lift added ( 2 conduit washers) and at full droop I have about 1/8in away from contact.

Ahh, true. Didn't read your sig before. I have a clevis lift also (made my own spacers, 0.2" thick) and I have about 3/16" clearance between the bj's and coils. I really don't think those spacers are the best option, anyway. They go OTT of the strut, right? In my experience, that's been a bad thing. The clevis lift is faster and easier, too.