Rusty's Kit Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robslibby

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I put in the Rusty's kit in today and it went great I forgot to take before measurements but when I was done the Libby sat 35.5 all the way around it looks alot taller but I am not sure of the total lift gained. But I will say use the Rancho's in the back the ride is great. I will post photo's soon.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine in this weekend as well. I had a little trouble as for some reason the ring on the right clevis snapped when I was torgueing it to 100 ft/lb. Better in the garge I guess than out on the trail. Trip to the junkyard and for 25 bucks I had a brand new 'old' one to put on. I put three conduit nuts on the clevis for a little extra lift to level her out.

Wasn't too bad of a job and it makes me feel good to know I did it myself.

I put it in on sat. and my alignment isn't off as far as pulling. I don't know about the toe though. Got a appointment for a alignment on friday.

Sagged about a 1/4 inch so far.

It rides over rough terrain 10 times better. Stuff I used to bottom out on now it just rolls over and I barely feel it.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Rusty's lift installed yesterday... Cost me $260 but I was impressed with the result... Alot higher than I expected... The garage put the 3 conduit lock nuts in for me and when I take it back for an allignment they will go over and retighten all the bolts...

I took the same road home that I normally do where my jeeps rear end would hit the bumpstops and it felt like cracks in the pavement...

MUCH smoother ride... I love it!

I'll post pics later...

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it's time for tires!!!! Once the lift is completely settled in I think i am going for 31'' Yoko's and a 15'' cragar wheel!!!

After I rob the next bank I plan on adding a ARB down the road. \:D/

s_allcroft

Reaction score
Rustys on CRD

Last Sunday I installed Rustys Full Coil Lift on my CRD.

On Monday, I got new tires and an alignment. Toe was out 1/2" the tech said that all the other angles were better than stock.

I have driven it for a week now... LOVE IT....

During the week I ran into another CRD not lifted took some shots with my cell.

You must be registered for see images attach

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The Rusty's lift isn't recommended for the Liberty Diesel because of engine weight... if it hasn't already (which it looks like it has), it will begin to sag.

And you copycat! How dare you copy My Jeep!!! =P~ just kidding. It looks nice!

s_allcroft

Reaction score
Not recomended by Who? As I did alot of research. And had several long conversation with Rustys...............

And yes I have seen much jibber jabber..

It looks sagged........ perhaps it sits as it was desgined... as I did not add conduit nuts...........

I am very pleased.......

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well as i found out my crd it aparently has a rustys lift and it looks down in the front
You must be registered for see images

im gonna call next week to get the crd springs and struts as soon as i can confirm this is the prob.. my goal are 31.10.5's if i can get those on and still off road im happy.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that for 10.5's you are looking at major wheel well mods due to the width of the tire.

If you get 245/75's then you just need to trim the air dam and use a heat gun to heat and push the front well forward.

I have heard of 31x10.5 knocking non modded fenders off cause they are so wide. You may need extended bumpstops if you are going to wheel it hard. If not you can prolly get away with just expanding the well interior and pouding the pinch weld.

I went with 245/75 16 M/T r's for this reason. They are 9.7 wide. Better milage and less mod work.

Here some links to pics.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32310

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1177957240

Last edited:

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey ya know that's not a bad idea i had these on my mitsu they were 31.10.5 's and i loved them i guess the smaller width would not make that bis of a deal. when it was dry they were great when wet they sucked on the road they had no grip at all .

how do the handle on the libby???

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty good, not a street tire of course. Got the hum and I am getting about 17-20 mpg with them by driving smart and slow. I have a KN drop in filter and that helps.

I was gettin 20-22 mpg with my wrangler AT's but they were a correct size tire so the computer is gettin the right info on speed. I think I can add about .5 extra mpg with the bigger skins to the number my computer is giving me. I haven't done the math yet but there is a 5% size difference in the tires

I haven't got to use them wet. It hasn't rained here real good since I got them two weeks ago so I can't tell how bad they are going to slide.

They rock off road of course. Went out and found some mud and they crawled right through it in 2w. Didn't need to put it in 4. No rock crawling yet but going to do some this weekend.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, are those wrangler MT's on your mitsu? How much did they set you back? Off road performance at 10.5? I think the 10.5 my be one reason they sucked when wet. The wider you get the more they wanna hydroplane. Nice snorkel!!

Later!

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are pics of goodyears MT tire's,not to get confused with the MT/R's.