Rusty's .75" poly spacer lift results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone with a CRD and Daystar lift can give some feedback about the rake of the lift. Daystar said their lift is level. Can anyone verify that? I think if I remove the existing isolator and install the new puck, it will be level. I like the concept of having 1 spacer instead of 2 stacked spacers on one end and 1 on the other.

I think it'd be close, but still more rake than what I would have. May be negligible though. Still less than stock IMO.

I am not sure on the thickness of the bottom insultor/isolator. The top is about .5" thick.

So, I basically added 1". Assuming the lower is the same, then you'd have (2"-.5") = 1.5" of lift in the rear.

I say 6 of one, half doezen of the other as to which way to go. The top isolator/insulators fit together like legos, they aren't going anywhere. I feel perfectly comfortable with 2 extra on top (and yes, when planning, I felt leery about doing this). I went out off the beaten path twice and had no issues.

Lasal JK

Reaction score
New Rear Shocks?

Atrus--Thanks for the write up on your Rusty's .75" front spacer /(2) extra rear isolators lift. I'm looking to do the same lift for most of the same reasons. Did you replace your rear shocks for long travel ones, or are you still running stock?

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running stock. Can't really say whether that's good or bad. I figure worst case, I screw up my stockers. Big deal, if I buy new ones, I won't be using the stockers anyways, right?

So far about 7k miles on it. Admittedly, only two times off road with it. First one (6k miles) wasn't too strenous...just flexing. Second one (10k miles) was a little more.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No, he's talking about the stock spring isolaters that Jeep put on the Liberty. A cheap way to lift it is to stack them.... which is what he did. They're just rubber pads, basically.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the JC Whitney. The price is good, no doubt there. I think I'd rather go with the isolators though. That JC Whitney one seems cheap and a "one size fits all" kinda deal. I'd spring the extra $40 or so and get the OEM ones, or go for a Daystar or Rusty's puck.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the JC Whitney. The price is good, no doubt there. I think I'd rather go with the isolators though. That JC Whitney one seems cheap and a "one size fits all" kinda deal. I'd spring the extra $40 or so and get the OEM ones, or go for a Daystar or Rusty's puck.

Thanks, I'm thinking of going with a small lift like yours. I'll give my dealer a call today.