Rusty's 2.5" suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it boils down to what gear (bumper,winch....ect)you have on the Jeep and where/how much you actually wheel it.

My interpertation of lifts and their uses.

Should have OME if:

a) bumper and winch

b) wheel the thing ********

c) want to lift once and be done with it

Should have Rusty's if:

a) gravel covered trail/road is all you do

b) no bumper or winch

c) knowing that for $500 and some eventual sag, you resign to be happy with that:p

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Saving 150 bucks for a kit that sags is kind of silly in my book. When doing a lift you want to UPGRADE the suspension to make it handle better, ride better and perform better on and off road, what makes the difference if you only drive to the mall and church every Sunday, you don't want it to ride good even then?
I am confused, as I have been for a long time, that some KJ owners do not want to spend the extra for a quality lift that will last a long time and give a great ride. Why is that? KJ OME lift is one of the cheapest lifts you can do to any 4WD.
I mean I spent 540 when I did my lift 4 years ago , 97,000 miles later it is still as high as a Franky and still rides great, yes starting to sag but I haven't had to replace it like I would of a Rustys.
Pay now or pay later:eek:

TommyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, thanks for all the input! After much more research, and with your imput, I have decided on the Frankenlift standard I kit. A little more money than the OME But, OME HD springs, Rancho shocks and struts and pre-assembled struts. Do it right the first time!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well guys, thanks for all the input! After much more research, and with your imput, I have decided on the Frankenlift standard I kit. A little more money than the OME But, OME HD springs, Rancho shocks and struts and pre-assembled struts. Do it right the first time!!!

I know that it looks like a bunch of money now, but when you get it on the ride, handeling aand then no worrying about it for several thousands of miles is well worth it!

Congrats ! Tommy !!:D

Tom

my Grandmother always called me Tommy not sure why though? Have to ask her when I get up above

Latest posts

Members online