Rust On Hood Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaySoy

Reaction score
I noticed a line of rust that follows where that rubber seal meets the top of the grill. Has anyone else had this?

I was thinking of using some touch up paint and finding some adhesive rubber to cover the top of the grill with to protect it from future rust.

Any thoughts? To **** retentive for a Jeep? :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the piece if rubber that lays on the radiator cap(bar that runs along top of radiator)?? Ive also noticed this but its not a problem.

I keep Megs All Season Dressing on it now and it doesnt rust anymore.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines got rust on the slam panel also and it leaves a rusty residue on the rubber seal.Will take panel of soon sand it and paint it.

JaySoy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the piece if rubber that lays on the radiator cap(bar that runs along top of radiator)?? Ive also noticed this but its not a problem.

I keep Megs All Season Dressing on it now and it doesnt rust anymore.

Yeah, that's totally what I have. Not a big problem, but I would be ticked if I opened it and it was all bubbling underneith in a few years. I'll probably just put a little paint on it and lube the seal. :)

Reaction score
i had some rusty looking stuff under there too. i got some all purpose and a towel. and i came right off

Members online

No members online now.