Runs through start-up while already running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my jeep pulled a move out of its hidden bag of issues today that hasn't peaked its head in months.
Once in awhile (maybe twice a year) when my jeep is running, typically in park or shortly after starting it, it will run through a system check like it does when starting.
The lights like ABS, oil temp, battery, and a few others come on momentarily like they do during startup and it lets out its three annoying chimes it does during startup.
Never really pay much attention to it as it's been doing it since i bought this from my uncle about 5 years ago now.
Doesnt affect the way the vehicle is running, or anything else..
Just acts like its starting up again while running?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do the gauges go through the test procedure?

Mine one time about 5 years ago on the way to WI from FL (moving, was pulling a trailer), on the highway all the gauges shut off and then it did the test procedure. Then back to normal. Hasn't happened again.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did it years ago a few times in a month. Cleaned the battery terminals (negative was a bit crusty) and never did it again.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe the gauges went through the startup procedure as well, but if it happens again I'll watch just to be positive..
Didn't think it was anything too major, but if it starts to become consistent I might start to care more about it