running boards vs other options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dotcentral

Reaction score
Lately my Liberty has been taking some abuse in our shared parking lot. Scratches, and dings so far, but others have gotten worse. Of course, the people that do this never say anything.

I'm looking for something that will stick out a little bit from the body to protect it some. Doesn't matter if its running boards, step rails, or something else. I want something strong enough to take some abuse from stray car doors.

What are good options? thanks.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am considering the Super Skink Sliders with the round 3/4 tube that sticks out.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I worked at a large corporation (legally cant say, but they make copiers etc and the beginning of their name has the same letter as a model nissan makes that begins with the same letter) :) I video taped a woman smashing my door on purpose everyday, so I went outside one day and smashed the $%#^ out of her car right back! ....with my hitch from each side. She stopped doing it, try that, worked for me. then again, I'm crazy

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards would have to stick out realatively really far to stop a lot of doors from hitting your car with the way car doors curve. The middle of the door would still hit your car before the bottom of the door hit the running boards.

Pablo

Reaction score
I have the Rock Lizard super sliders-- with the tube. The tube extends past the end of the door to keep you off the rocks. As a result there is no way to door ding you unless the vehicle parked next to you is tall enough for the bottom of the door to clear your slider.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking - especially a car vs a lifted KJ. Sure, there's always something taller that can hit you, but you'll block a good 80% or so from being able to hit you.

dotcentral

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to do some shopping. Anyone have some photos in their albums I can check out?

Absolute, that was a good laugh.

Last edited:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I worked at a large corporation (legally cant say, but they make copiers etc and the beginning of their name has the same letter as a model nissan makes that begins with the same letter) :) I video taped a woman smashing my door on purpose everyday, so I went outside one day and smashed the $%#^ out of her car right back! ....with my hitch from each side. She stopped doing it, try that, worked for me. then again, I'm crazy

i see you copied her actions. :D Let me see: Now introducing the all New Nissan Xterox! :rolleyes:

Last edited: