running boards & sidestep bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you installed running boards or sidestep bars on your Liberty? If so, did you have to drill holes? Does the Liberty have pre-drilled holes for the Mopar running boards?

If any of you have images of the install, I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks in advance.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i could take pics of my side steps...it was dealer installed..but at least you can see where it mounts

dnm45227

Reaction score
One of the sites (can't recall which one) that sells boulder bars indicated that they send a template w/the product. Presumably you apply the template and drill where specified. Don't know if all products have this, but sounds pretty straight forward if they do.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the side steps on my Renegade and replaced them with Mopar rock rails. They mount in the same factory holes.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
i could take pics of my side steps...it was dealer installed..but at least you can see where it mounts

That would be very helpful!

Thanks a lot.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Go Rhino
Polished Stainless Steel or Black Powder-Coat Tube Steps (4000 Series Step Bars) from Cabelas's.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drilling

I had to drill 4 holes (2 on each side) to mount my factory chrome tubular sidesteps. If you do drill make sure to prime, then paint any metal you expose.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Z28 said:
-=JoN=- said:

That would be very helpful!

Thanks a lot.

sorry for the delay....been busy at work, so it was dark when ever i got home...

anyway, here are the pics

You must be registered for see images

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
sorry for the delay....been busy at work, so it was dark when ever i got home...

anyway, here are the pics

Thank you! Those pics are very helpful. I'm going to see how my Liberty compares with the mounting locations.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At your convenience, would you please post another image of where the steps bolt-in at the front? I’m trying to match it with the pre-existing holes in our Liberty (my image is below).

Many thanks in advance.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JoN, I still would very much appreciate seeing the image when you get a chance to take it. I’m posting the questions below to clarify what the dealer told me about the molded running boards.

If any of you have installed the Mopar Molded Running Boards could you tell me if additional holes had to be drilled? The dealer said there may have to be some new holes drilled depending on how the boards mount.

Are the directions for installing the boards available online anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Part#/Description
82207679/Primed
82207683/Patriot Blue (WB7)
82207685/Bright Silver (WS2)
82207687/Shale Green (XGR)
82209252/Light Khaki Metallic (AJC)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in here if I may because I have been considering the bars, my neighbor has the dealer installed Mopar bars and I went and looked at it, then looked at mine, in the area where the brackets mount to the frame there are 2 octaginal holes in the front and also the rear whcih appears to be where the brackets are attached, but in the front there is a cross member in line with the holes which makes it look like it would make inserting any type of bolt very difficult, perhaps they use an insert of some sort

Bob

bluebel1

Reaction score
Nerf Bars

I bought a set of used factory chrome nerf bars for my KJ. The bars have all the hardware except the bolts and possible metal plates. I went to the dealer and they said since this is an accessory they cannot get the bolts necessary to mount. it looks like they mount on the tow diagonal holes on the frame on each side, front and back. The bolts are U shaped, does any know where I can get some or tell what they used to mount theirs, since the frame tubes are closed. Also on the bracket that mounts to the floor, did you use a plate on the top side of the floor to put the bolts through. Thanks

bluebel1

Reaction score
nerf bars

I have a 2006 KJ Sport and the holes are already drilled on the frame(one side). I still have to drill the holes through the floor. Does anyone know where I can get the u-shaped bolts to mount. the installation instructions provided here show two diffierent sizes, for a total of eight.

bluebel1

Reaction score
nerf bars

Does anyone know who manufactures the OEM chrome steps for the liberty? Or does anyone know where I can get the ubolts that go into the frame and through the floor. I don't think they are manufactered by Westin or Mankin.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added the Manik 3" nerf bars - they fit with the molded splash guards. No drilling ...... took about 5 hours, but I'm kinda slow at that stuff.