running boards & sidestep bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something more to add to Jon's post about the Mopar side steps. I have them, and love the look. I bashed mine a bit while off-roading (dirt off-roading, not rockcrawling) and they have a small added feature that probably isn't really intended. When I hit them, they took a good bashing once or twice, but when I really hit them hard, instead of breaking, they broke loose a bit in the direction of the arrow in the pic.
You must be registered for see images

The outside bolt can slide free in the upwards direction and allow the bar to pivot upwards (pivoting on the inside bolt, the silver one in the pic). Yes this allows the bar to impact the rocker panel of the vehicle, but by then the damage should be minimal if any at all (none to my vehicle, and none to the bar). Certainly if I was serious about off-roading this is definitely the wrong thing to have happen, but these are primarily for looks and IMO have nothing to do with rocker protection. If I wanted armor, I'd invest in a good set of rockrails.
So these steps (not rockrails) have a way of protecting themselves from serious damage. Just remember if you're going rockcrawling, get some actual armor. As the Jedi might say... these are not the sidesteps you're looking for.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grey said:
I just added the Manik 3" nerf bars - they fit with the molded splash guards. No drilling ...... took about 5 hours, but I'm kinda slow at that stuff.

Got a pick of those on your libby???

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 05 sport. Do I have to remove that bottom piece under the doors? It's the black plastic round thing??

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.