RRO A-arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the RRO a-arms? I have heard everyone talk about Al's A-arms but I haven't heard anything about the RRO arms. They both sound similar but are $125 different in price.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the RRO a-arms? I have heard everyone talk about Al's A-arms but I haven't heard anything about the RRO arms. They both sound similar but are $125 different in price.

One person over on LOST just installed a pair last week, hasn't gotten it aligned yet even so ????

Only thing I will say, if you EVER have a problem with JBAs, Marlin will make it right and quickly. I wouldn't care if his were 300 more, customer service goes a long way

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand how important customer service is some...but i dont intend on becoming pals with a salesman over the phone. if the products offer the same features, which it appears they do, than the $100+ difference goes a lot longer way in my book.

I have heard the same complaints about JBA service that you mention about RRO, so I'm sure it just depends on the day, person, and perception of bad customer service. Either way I am buying the product first, not the customer service first.

Thanks for replying though. I was wondering when someone was going to speak out about this topic. I have posted this question several times and no one wants to talk about it. Its almost like it's taboo to talk about RRO on this forum. LOL. Anyways, thanks for the input.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In defence of RRO.....

I've posted replies, almost in defence of RRO, in the past. I have their UCAs on my KJ. They're awesome. My experience with RRO has been good so far, they've done fine by me. They answered my calls, returned my calls and replied to emails in a timely fashion. So far so good. I'll continue to deal with them until they burn me. In fact, I'll be ordering the rock sliders they sell as soon as I'm done a couple of side jobs to pay for them.

Ian

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted replies, almost in defence of RRO, in the past. I have their UCAs on my KJ. They're awesome. My experience with RRO has been good so far, they've done fine by me. They answered my calls, returned my calls and replied to emails in a timely fashion. So far so good. I'll continue to deal with them until they burn me. In fact, I'll be ordering the rock sliders they sell as soon as I'm done a couple of side jobs to pay for them.

Ian

the ones that are angled up? I like those I've thought of made some :)

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill be buying a set of RRO arms within the month, ive been in email contact with them and they have always responded within 2 days. Ill be doing a write up on my RRO arms, i wish i knew someone close with the JBA arms so it could be a unbiased side by side review

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones that are angled up? I like those I've thought of made some :)

They do look like the UBJ mount is angled a little. Probably to improve the ball joint to steering knuckle geometery with a lift installed. Prevents the ball joint from binding.

I wouldn't try to make them. Can you make a jig, buy the material and spend the time fabricating them for what they cost to buy? I couldn't. RRO has already done the R&D, fabbed the bits and sourced the bushings and ball joints.

I can attest to the quality. I heard lots of stuff about RRO's quality so when I had them delivered, I stripped the paint from the welds and had an Eddy-Current NDT technique done to check the welds for cracks. I could have had them x-rayed or MPI'd but the Eddy-Current was good enough. They were spot on. It's nice to work somewhere where you can x-ray an entire airplane to check for cracks and have the folks there who work for beer on my stuff.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do look like the UBJ mount is angled a little. Probably to improve the ball joint to steering knuckle geometery with a lift installed. Prevents the ball joint from binding.

I wouldn't try to make them. Can you make a jig, buy the material and spend the time fabricating them for what they cost to buy? I couldn't. RRO has already done the R&D, fabbed the bits and sourced the bushings and ball joints.

I can attest to the quality. I heard lots of stuff about RRO's quality so when I had them delivered, I stripped the paint from the welds and had an Eddy-Current NDT technique done to check the welds for cracks. I could have had them x-rayed or MPI'd but the Eddy-Current was good enough. They were spot on. It's nice to work somewhere where you can x-ray an entire airplane to check for cracks and have the folks there who work for beer on my stuff.

i think he was referring to the rock sliders from RRO. i believe they make the guards that sit flush and also the ones that angle up similar to a step bar.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think he was referring to the rock sliders from RRO. i believe they make the guards that sit flush and also the ones that angle up similar to a step bar.

:D yea I was referring to the sliders sorry for not been clear

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score

I'm going to need a set of A-arms soon myself...interested in the RRO arms. How was shipping and all that jazz? What did they cost shipped to you?

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to need a set of A-arms soon myself...interested in the RRO arms. How was shipping and all that jazz? What did they cost shipped to you?

$403.27, your's will be more or less the same, depends on the exchange rate that day. Then there was the $80.00 customs brokerage fee that I paid the day they showed up. Kinda steep as far as price goes but that's what we pay when we live in Canada. Still, less than the crappy factory bits.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
$403.27, your's will be more or less the same, depends on the exchange rate that day. Then there was the $80.00 customs brokerage fee that I paid the day they showed up. Kinda steep as far as price goes but that's what we pay when we live in Canada. Still, less than the crappy factory bits.

Not too bad considering Napa here wants $175 each side for replacement arms. So $485 US for better arms and replaceable joints is worth it...I guess.

I just hate the a** reaming we get here in Canada bringing US goods over the border...tax this...brokerage that...:mad:

Thanks for the info......:)

L

lil black liberty

Yeah tell me how the RRO arms hold up I've been wanting some badly..

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$324 out the door to FLORIDA. Be here on the 17th, but I wont be able to install them until end of march, when I tear out my daystar kit and front drive line.

March Build List:
Front
-Intermed Shaft
-R & L CV's
-RRO UCA's
-Daystar top plate
-OME927
-Rancho
-.75" poly spacer

Rear
-Pro Comp ES3000
-Skyjacker LIB2.5R Coils

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$324 out the door to FLORIDA. Be here on the 17th, but I wont be able to install them until end of march, when I tear out my daystar kit and front drive line.

Just a note to you. Wear gloves when undoing the rear drivers UCA bolt if you do it from underneath. There's a wee heat shield on the exhaust that cuts up the back of a hand really well. Have fun with it. :)

As far as strength goes.... I planted the front end of my KJ really well the other day, like wheel in air than whammo wheel on ground, no problems. If it was to break it would have been then. Again, the NDT technique I used on the welds assured me of the parts durability.