Rough Idling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepers-Creepers

Reaction score
Hi there

i have a 04 September KJ Extreme Sport, and it has rough idle when i am at the traffic lights. i have had it check at my Jeep dealership and they have perfomed many mods and run the new service pack and etc etc etc. but it still feels like it is going to stall on me even the lights in the car dim sometimes.
anybody out there with the problem and if so any solution.
[/b] #-o

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm. I am not sure if you are trollling or are being sincere, but if you are sincere, I will need more information before I can try to help you...

PitViper

Reaction score
I say look for bad grounds and check the battery terminals. If the computer does not get the power it needs then it will get all out of wack. This is most noticeable at idle.

Jeepers-Creepers

Reaction score
very sincere Yoda

i have had the car since March 05 and i have had it checked and parts changed etc etc since then.

the problem is i will stop at traffic lights and then all of a sudden it starts to shake and it really feel like it is going to switch off.
at night time the lights will also flicker if the it decides to get the shakes.
i will post the mods that jeep here in Perth Australia have done to it.
i love my Jeep and i paid well i think a decent amount of money, when i reported this to the dealership they said 'oh its normal for them to do this'????????????? sure sure i know its not a Merc or something but it should not shake like that.

Fouros

have become a member and will see what people down under have to say.

PitViper
cheers for that i will check that out.

all your feedback is great will pass it on to the dealership see if it helps them.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a cloged fuel filter or some water in the mix?? Even possibly a cloged injector. Have you tried a quality octane booster or fuel system cleaner, just for the hell of it, it might fix the problem and not cost you an arm and a leg. Because it sounds like it's only when at rest or idle, not under power.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with Trodo on this one, you might try some fuel injector cleaner...I got a bad tank of gas one winter and mine behaved like that...drove the tank all the way down, replaced with some fresh gas and a tank of fuel injector cleaner and never had the problem again...good luck, and sorry I thought you might have been trolling....I was tired and out of sorts when I read you post...

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the throttle body.....occasionally, a dirty or gummed-up throttle body can cause some rough idle issues. Do the spark plugs have in excess of 30k miles on them ? Any check engine light on ?
Greg

Latest posts

Members online