Rough Country lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just because they have a lift that works well on a Cherokee does not mean what they have for a KJ is the same
KJs are harder to find a proper lift for due to the IFS -vs- a SFA like in a Cherokee
so yes OME springs or BDS are about the only two real options

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the "crap" lift. I like the front end just fine. The springs for the rear are terrible. way too soft. rear shocks seam okay though. I plan on getting heavy duty OME springs to replace the RC springs, and maybe throw some extra isolators in there. The front end lift spacer left me wondering when I looked at it, but my suspension travels fine, and front coils aren't preloaded (compressed) for the added height. So my front end feels pretty good.
I mostly do street driving. When I hit the trails, I do stuff that stock liberties can't do, and I can get through some pretty rough stuff. I don't do the rock krawling scene, i'm more about muddy trails. Other than the rear springs, I'm happy with the lift

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My real concern would be with the aluminum spacers. If I see it right, these go under the strut, and the clevis is mounted to these - right?

I don't see anything in the space to secure it to the bottom of the strut. This leads me to beleive the strut sits in the top of the spacer, and the clevis bolts to the bottom. The only thing holding the whole thing together would be the weight of the vehicle sitting on top of it.

Most of us agree on the need for new front springs. Lifting with stock springs means you'll be back into in a year or so to make up for the sag...

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was exactly what i was thinking when I saw how the spacers went in.
This lift is perfect for someone who just wants to look good rolling around town. the front end has been quite tight, no odd noises since it got the alignment. The Lib has gotten a little air from my son, nothing ill to report on that, other than the extreme a$$ chewing session I gave him afterwards. shocks feel good. rear springs are just way too weak though

Last edited: